PDA

View Full Version : In Memoriam....

Dr Mordrid
28th October 2003, 12:18
Neil I. Prieskorn

My father in law and second father after my own fathers death. He died of complications from an infected heart valve.

Neil was married to and is survived by Virginia Prieskorn, his 7th grade sweetheart and wife of 57 years. He is also survived by my wife Margaret, her brother James and numerous grandchildren.

Neil served as a Marine Corp. Sgt. in WW II and Korea, seeing combat both during the island-hopping campaign against the Japanese and in actions against Chinese and North Korean army units. He has so many combat medals we had to build a plaque to hold 'em all.

After the Korean war Neil served as a firefighter until his retirement, eventually reaching the rank of Asst. Fire Chief and Fire Marshall. In this service Neil also distinguised himself, which resulted in a second plaque full of service medals.

His son James still serves as a firefighter in a nearby city.

Neil was one of the best men I have ever known and he will be dearly missed.

Semper Fi Neil......

Dr. Mordrid

The PIT
28th October 2003, 12:27
Sorry to hear that Dr M. :(

KRSESQ
28th October 2003, 12:27
My condolences, Doc.

My father in law Bob was a hell of a guy too. Army infantryman in WWII Europe. Never talked about it much though, and nobody had the nerve to ask. Raised 11 kids with his wife Betty. Seven sisters and not a bum in the lot. Died of lung cancer in 1979. That was one rough summer (but I guess I don't need to tell you about that).

Kevin

Admiral
28th October 2003, 12:28
Our condolences :(

GNEP
28th October 2003, 12:54
Please accept my condolences Doc.

[GDI]Raptor
28th October 2003, 12:56
My deepest condolences Dr Mordrid! :(

Tjalfe
28th October 2003, 13:10
My Condolences :(

RhinoZ
28th October 2003, 13:38
Sorry to hear about that Doc, my condolences.

TransformX
28th October 2003, 13:56
My condolences.
At least he must have died a happy man, living a full life and having such a great family.
Wish him luck in the afterlife.
You may never know, death might be just a door...

Elie
28th October 2003, 14:13
So sorry to here Doc, please accept our condolences and deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Byock
28th October 2003, 14:19
Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences.

SitFlyer
28th October 2003, 15:37
My condolences :(

Duty
28th October 2003, 17:24
:(

Sasq
28th October 2003, 17:37

capt. marvel
28th October 2003, 17:41
A truly touching storey.. and it goes to show it is'nt how long you live its how much you live .even Though he seemed to have both though...you didn't give an exact age but I figure upper 70's- to 80 -ish. Docyour name says Registered: Apr 2001 but youve been here a few years longer than that right?

gt40
28th October 2003, 19:24
sorry to hear.
my condolences.

UtwigMU
28th October 2003, 20:33
Please accept my condolences.

Helevitia
28th October 2003, 21:45
May he rest in peace...

Dr Mordrid
28th October 2003, 21:48
C. M;

Been here a lot longer time than that, but hadc to re-reg in 2001 due to a db error of some kind. He was 78.

Thanks guys.

Dr. Mordrid

KvHagedorn
28th October 2003, 22:38
My prayers are with you and your family, Doc.

DukeP
28th October 2003, 22:56
My Condolences.

~~DukeP~~

SpiralDragon
28th October 2003, 23:40
Please accept my condolences

Technoid
29th October 2003, 05:32

Umfriend
29th October 2003, 06:55
I am sorry for your loss Dr. M. I wish you, your wife, mother-in-law and all others all the strenght to deal with this loss.

Umf

Dr Mordrid
1st November 2003, 09:00
Thanks for the condolences guys. They're much apreciated.

The funeral went as expected;

there were almost 400 at the funeral (including a sea of uniforms: Fire, Police, USMC and VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars for those overseas) and they had to use all four chapels & open the connectors. The eulegy was given by the Mayor, who was also one of his closest friends for over 30 years. He related stories about how they met and what a big tease & comedian Neil was.

They had to close two major roads to accomodate the 200+ car procession which stretched most of the way from the funeral home to the cemetary. Some attendees had to park in a nearby shopping center & walk to the cemetary.

When we got to the entrance there were fire engines (one each from two cities) on either side with their ladders raised forming an arch for the procession to pass under. There was also an honor guard from each city on either side fo the entrance saluting as he passed. Motorcycle cops had traffic closed off on one of the major highways in the Detroit area (Ford Road for those who know the region). Ford Road just doesn't get totally closed down, so this is was a major honor.

For the cemetary services there were full honor guards from the fire & police departments of two cities, the USMC and the VFW with the pall bearers being firefighters from his department. The wake filled the Masonic hall and lasted for hours.

Neil got one helluva sendoff.

Dr. Mordrid