Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use multiple monitor and video tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use multiple monitor and video tools?

I recently installed an S3 video card alongside my Marvel to drive another monitor. However I cannot run video tools when in this conifiguration. Is there any way around this problem? Thanks.

------------------
    Rich Thomsen

Hi Rich,

Please, if you find an answer, post it here. I haven't heard of anyone who has solved it yet.

Rumour had it (once upon a time) that it would be fixed with PD5, but I haven't heard of anyone that hass tried it yet.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Here's the page from Matrox that answers the question: Does Matrox support multiple monitors on one computer?
      http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/faq/multi_monitors.htm

If you don't want to read the whole thing, the important point is:
      Notes: - The Rainbow Runner and Marvel G200 video capturing/editing features are currently not supported in multiple monitor mode.

Essentially, you can use two monitors, and one can be on a Marvel, but if you do, you can no longer do vid cap/edit.

Perhaps future drivers will address this.
      Here's hoping.....
      Rob
      PII350, MarvelG200, MSP5.2, PromiseFT w/2x8.4's, SB-PCI128

Comment

Hi,

I asked Matrox direct on this and they told me that new drivers will be available soon (no date yet) that will address the dual head support for Win98.

Cheers.

Comment

I HAVE A RIANBOW RUNNER AND I NEED TO MAKE IT WORK ALONG SIDE MY ATI I HAVE TRIED LOADS OF THINGS BUT I HAVE RUN IN TO A DEAD END HELP ME PLEASE

THANKX

Comment

I'm not 100% sure about the Marvel/RR, but multiple monitors work fine with the RR-S. The minor drawbacks are that Matrox Power Desk will only run while ONE display card is active, and video captured by the RR will only be displayed on the particular monitor that is connected to the RR. These are small inconveniences to put up with compared to the benefits of using more than one monitor.

I use a PCI Mill2/RR-S as my primary display and an AGP Mill2 as the secondary. It's great!

Comment

Working...
            X