Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 2K3

Read all about it Here.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Seems to be better than its predecessor in that it feels "lighter" i.e. more responsive
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

i rather enjoyed using it... it is, in general, a drastic improvement over Office XP.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I've noticed improved load-up times across the board. However, wish they would give the option to remove the damn splash screens for all the Office programs. I really do know what program I just launched without someone reminding me with an image...

Comment

chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

I think I'll just stick to OpenOffice.
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Why? OpenOffice sucks.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Good enough to get away without using Microsoft...and it even works on Linux...and oh yeah, its free!
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

So was my Office 2k3.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I loved the changes to Outlook in the first beta.

I have not seen the final release yet
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

WRT to OpenOffice:

It's perfectly OK for someone who needs legal software and needs to have office suite to write or open 3 word documents per day and do about 1 chart per week.

Comment

Utwig:

I agree. If, however, you work extensively with Office documents, it falls a bit flat. Or more than a bit, as the case may be.

- Gurm

Comment

I have upgraded to the Final build now... looks pretty sweet

Outlook is much much better
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                            Utwig:

I agree. If, however, you work extensively with Office documents, it falls a bit flat. Or more than a bit, as the case may be.

- Gurm
                            OpenOffice (like all the other free ones) are fine for people who could use Notepad instead.

The hard truth is that everybody's using Word and OpenOffice (OO) is not compatible enough just yet. Documents have a way of not opening properly too often (OO is still missing many functions that have been in Word for years)...

Soooooo, it's better to buy Word than not (unless: see line 1). Yoiu can't waste time with wordprocessor issues when you're actually trying to accomplish work. If you want to save a few pennies there, you're damn stupid: you'll spend hundreds in wasted work hours. If you hate MS so much as to not want to use their products, good for you -but maybe your work isn't that important either (unless all your entourage -no pun intended- is using non-MS products, thus setting you free of the eeevil empire)...

Comment

Paper and pen anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X