Parhelia $236

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia $236

Micro X-press has new, oem Parhelias for $236 delivered according to pricewatch link.

Guess I should have suggested a $100 rebate sooner!
    Last edited by gangster; 26 October 2003, 06:52.
    P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

refurb?

Comment

No I paid 257$ for mine and it was bought in bulk, smuggled VAT collected and resold.

That's about Matrox price for bulk in volume.

Perhaps when Matrox makes next card Murcers could collect money and order 100 cards at decent price.

Comment

They updated the price late last night (saturday) but the inventory counter on the site has remained constant. Guess that won't happen until they open and process orders in the morning.
        P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
          No I paid 257$ for mine and it was bought in bulk, smuggled VAT collected and resold.
          Yep mine was about 200 pounds in the UK wholesale price as well, no VAT.
          P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
          Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Could be a typo but I just noticed memory speed is listed at 400, not 500. Typo or some oem's special order card they got for cheap...

Comment

what should the memory speed be for a BULK Parhelia?

I ordered one, for $236 + 1 year warranty, you can't go wrong.
              ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

500, but I figure they just put the ramdac speed in by mistake which is 400. The model number is correct for an oem Parhelia.

A friend of mine ordered one yesterday and it shipped same day. I of course got the special retail price of $345 a month ago. Man was I clever! Ugh...

Comment

well don't worry, rumor has it that a newer Parahlia (maybe Parhelia II) is on the horizon. It'll probably be introduced the day after my card shows up in the mail!
                  ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Comment

Originally posted by X-Caliber
                    well don't worry, rumor has it that a newer Parahlia (maybe Parhelia II) is on the horizon. It'll probably be introduced the day after my card shows up in the mail!
                    Good one.

Comment

Whatever they do I hope it's a great "comeback" card, but I have my doubts. I also wonder if it will support gaming at all.

$236 is a safe investment for now and you get great image quality. Cables are extra I believe and don't know the cost for them if needed.

Comment

what does "white box" mean?

I hope it includes DVI converters!

Comment

It usually means it's an oem product in a crappy box, but never retail. I doubt cables, etc. are included, but don't really know. My friends order arrives friday and we SHALL compare this with my retail card!

Comment

Hi gangster,

I doubt cables, etc. are included, but don't really know.
                            There should be the dvi-vga dongle, Y cable and a tv out cable.

rumor has it that a newer Parahlia (maybe Parhelia II) is on the horizon.
                            eh?

Comment

Hi Haig,

What does "white box" actually mean? Does that mean bulk or refurbished? Will it also contain all the software? Why is the price so much less then everywhere else?

Thanks!!!

-X-

Comment

Working...
                              X