Video Capture Problem Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Capture Problem Etc

I have a Marvel G400 in a Windows 98SE ,Asusav7 900amd system....I did a capture using AVI_IO.....Uncompressed it turned out great but at 792x648 resolution??...It plays on WindowsMedia Player etc with no problems but I want to compress it..no encoder will touch it including Virtual Dub (it shows like a staircase steps) ..Is it the resolution thats the problem.....??? Can anybody offer a solution here..
    Also for the future?
    I have a lot of concert videos I want to put to disk...Its Crucial I get the best quality capture possible......PLease can anbody just point me in the right direction here .....and advise me on how to get the best capture using my Matrox G400.......I presume I have to use AVI_IO for beating the Windows gb restriction......
    Am I wrong in believing that the larger resiolution one can capture at uncompressed........when one compresses the better quality the capture will be....Any help will be gratefully appreciated

Thanks Ron NZ.

There's also no GB limitation with VirtualDub, make sure the partition is NTFS.

Comment

M

I don't believe you will obtain any advantage (and lots of disadvantages) capturing >720 x 576 or even 704 x 576, especially as your hardware is not exactly ultra-performing. In any case, if your videos are on VHS tape, you could even go down as far as 360 x 576 and see almost no visible drop in quality, because VHS itself is this bad.

Ignore NTFS partitioning. You cannot use it with a 98SE set-up, which is optimal for your capture card, which is optimised for 704 x 576 capture.

I believe you are making life hard for yourself by seeking quality which does not exist in the first place.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
      X