Bad News For Matrox by Colorgraphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News For Matrox by Colorgraphic

Colorgraphic, a quite well-known company dealing with multi-monitor solutions, this week unveiled its two new graphics cards supporting 4 and 8 display-configurations. The new Xentera GT products sport ATI RADEON 9000-series GPUs and are available immediately. The devices are aimed on markets traditionally served by companies like Matrox Graphics and Appian.

The new Xentera GT 8 and Xentera GT 4 models support DVI resolutions up to 1600x1200 per display and analogue resolutions up to 2048x1536. Both graphics cards use Colorgraphic’s MV20 in-line cabling interface. The MV20 cable permits direct attachment of each display to the adapter bracket.

Now the Xentera GT full line includes single-chip dual-output models for PCI and AGP, the Xentera GT 2; quad-output dual-chip models for PCI and AGP, Xentera GT 4; and the 8-output quad-chip for PCI, the Xentera GT 8.

Located in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, Colorgraphic is recognized as a leading developer of multiple-display graphics cards. Colorgraphic has been serving niche markets with innovative multi-display technology since 1988. Their products are highly sought after for integration into data-intensive industries, such as, Financial Trading, Emergency Dispatch, Engineering Design and Process Control applications.

The Xentera GT 8 will be available October 15, 2003, with a MSRP of $725. The Xentera GT 4 AGP will be available November 1, 2003, with an MSRP of $595. Both products will be available through distribution with Ingram Micro and D&H.
    NocturnDragon

Sounds interesting. Anyone know how good Colorgraphic cards are for analog display quality?
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Go to any Wal-Mart...ColorGraphics powers all WM-TVs...of course it is only NTSC Composite and heavily modulated/demodulated.

Their Display quality is actually quite good, and for the price, the 4way ATI 9000 version sounds sweet!
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
        Sounds interesting. Anyone know how good Colorgraphic cards are for analog display quality?
        "The Xentera GT 8 will be available October 15, 2003, with a MSRP of $725"

How good can be the quality of a card that has 4 GPU and is only 725$?
        Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Don't ya just luv that logic

engage brain and think how good the G series GPU's are.. making MMS cards is quite inexpensive on the manufacturing end and have excellent quality.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

this is my 4th year a straight with ATI card that has more than one display output on backpanel and still I haven't seen drivers that would offer even minimal flexibility for multihead display...

oh boy, even nvidia have better nView options. which are still quite far away from what I have used to with Matrox cards at the work. ( back then, when I was a having one. )
            "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
            X