Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere VS. RR compatibility!

Hi all!
    I am experiencing compatibility problems with Adobe Premiere and RR G series card (with a G400 MAX). I downloaded the 5.1c version of Premiere wich seems to work pretty well... but as soon as I render something and play it back, the first video segment will play ok and then I will get a freeze frame from the first segment blinking while the second segment plays... Any ideas?!
    Matrox G400 MAX
    RR G series
    Windows 2000
    128 Mo RAM
    PIII 550 Mhz

Sorry to say this but Premiere is one buggy piece of incompatable code. You should see what folks say about it in the beta forums

Here is what you can do to minimize the problems;

1. delete your prem50.prf file. Premiere will rebuild it when it starts up next time. This often gets rid of minor problems.

2. change your prem50.ini file to look like this;

[override]
    PrintToVideoFixed=0
    NoDirectShow=1

[AudioCapture]
    SoundRecUtil=C:\WINDOWS\Sndrec32.exe (set this path to your audio editor)

[codec]
    keepopen=dmb1

Good luck....

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 01 December 2000).]

Comment

Hey Dr. Morbid!
      Thanks for your quick reply!
      I agree with you that Premiere is buggy... On the other hand, It's the best one I've found so far... (that doesn't require specific cards) Would you have recommendations to make?
      Matrox G400 MAX
      RR G series
      Windows 2000
      128 Mo RAM
      PIII 550 Mhz

Comment

Hey again!
        I have tried this settings... Unfortunatly, it didn't worked for me. I still have blinking image (when a transition plays for example) even if my timeline is rendered. On the other hand, selecting "export movie" from the file menu will export fine with transitions and all.... Any other ideas?
        Matrox G400 MAX
        RR G series
        Windows 2000
        128 Mo RAM
        PIII 550 Mhz

Comment

Nope. That kind of flakiness is why I use MediaStudio Pro6 whenever possible. It works with about anything and doesn't have the twitchy nature of Premiere.

I only use Premiere on my RT-2000 system because it's required, but once Ulead issues an MSPro6 plugin for it Premiere is off my system except for beta work.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

About that blinking image at the transition point, are the files that overlay exactly the same fps? (like 25.00 or 29.97)

If not, most programs start doing strange things.

Use a capture program that can 'set' the framerate to an exact number by adding or removing some frames (I think). PC-VCR is not capable of doing so. Two different file that have been recorded with PC-VCR are likely to have different frame rates like 25.14 and 24.89 or so. A transition between these files in MSP (I don't use premiere) give a lot of jerkines.

Maybe this explains.

Marijn

Comment

Hey... I was using PC-VCR to capture my media. If what you say is right, then I have nothing certifying that my clips are 29.97 fps. Wich capture program are you using?
              Matrox G400 MAX
              RR G series
              Windows 2000
              128 Mo RAM
              PIII 550 Mhz

Comment

If you're using PC-VCR then odds are your clips are NOT nailed to 29.970 fps. It has rather "limited" frame rate control, if any.

I'd advise using AVI_IO for capturing. It can nail the requested frame rate down solid. Also it lets you do long captures by grabbing multiple 2 or 4 gig clips without dropping frames between them (something else PC-VCR can't do). The AVI_IO site is at;

http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/index.html

The trial version is free and the full version is $25 USD. The full version is well worth the price.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                X