Sony 19" CRT Trinitron Substitute in AUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony 19" CRT Trinitron Substitute in AUS

Due to a recent post i found out a lovely bit of information, that being sony has decided to stop making or maybe distributing their sony 19's CRT trinitron flatscreens in australia.

This really @!%^es me off as LCD's in my opinion are:

a) still to expensive and
    b) IMHO still aren't as good as CRT Trinitron monitors.

anyway, sorry for ranting but here is the thing i want know, does anyone know where i can get brands other than sony that use sony tubes for their 19' monitors and are around the $800-950 AUD price mark.

I want to run around 1600x1200 at 85hz or above, so far I havent found any shadow mask monitors that do that and quite frankly I would prefer a trinitron for text legability.

Ive tried dell already and their Oz website does not allow you to buy their 19' inch screens seperately.

cheers.

-AD-
    www.cornidesign.com

I think Sony's out of the CRT market since the begining of this year, they decided to concentrate on LCDs, so no Trinitron tubes in either Sony monitors or other.
    Your best bet would be something with a Mitsubishi Diamondtron tube in it for true/natural flat, a Mitsubishi or Samsung made monitor.

Comment

good morning!!!

Ok, you can get a samsung. But beware that there are two types of Samsungs. There are ones that use "DynaFlat" tube and ones that use DiamondFlat tube. Your best bet will be the Samsung 900NF, if you are planning on getting a samsung.

I don't know much about Mitsubishi themselves, but i heard they have some of the best monitors anyways.

I have a viewsonic P95f+. Also uses the DiamondTron tube (I think, don't quote me on that) but viewsonic calls it "perfect fat". It runs 1600x1200@85Hz also, but I think sony has the edge in terms of image quality... (although Viewsonic isn't too bad i guess). My experience is ok-so-so about this monitor, but then I am comparing to my 17" Sony GDM200PS pro series... so I guess this one isn't bad either! Well, its more than acceptable for me. It defintely has great performance and specs.

Comment

Based on the last two Sony monitors I purchased this couldn't come sooon enough. They blew their brains out after about 4 months

I'm now using Viewsonic's and they're working quite nicely.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Mitsubishi Diamondtron tubes are every bit as good as Sony Trinitron, and are of course aperture grille, too. Virtually every Flat Aperture Grille Monitor out there uses a diamondtron tube, and there are bad and very good monitors with them out there. If you want the best, and price is no objection (hey, you've bought Sony before!), get an EIZO.

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Samsungs are good, but like Chrono said: several types! Do not get a DynaFlat. (Curved screen with flat glass over it, hit or miss color quality, convergence & moire issues, only 1 + which is price)

Comment

Thanks for the information guys!.

im now looking for:

samsung (non-dynaflat)
              viewsonic
              diamontron screen monitors
              EIZO

-cheers
              www.cornidesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                I think Sony's out of the CRT market since the begining of this year, they decided to concentrate on LCDs, so no Trinitron tubes in either Sony monitors or other.
                This isn't correct. Sony is no longer making their smaller tubes, but they are doing the 21" and larger. I'm not sure about the 19".
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Good to know, thanks. Was wondering why I can still find 21" models here, always though that they didn't manage to sell them considering the outrageous prices (1500$ for the F520, 1300$ for the G520 and 1000$ for the E530 )

Comment

Working...
                  X