Got our new monitor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got our new monitor.

It's a Samsung SyncMaster 763MB, with an even newer MagicBright² with a maximum brightness of 550 candela/m² (painfully bright IMHO.) For $150 I guess it's not bad, although I'd rather it had less moire than it does. It's annoying having to balance the moire control between clearing moire patterns in solid areas of color (caused by scanlines), moire patterns in vertical lines, and the flicker caused by the moire control jittering the beam to "defocus" it. I guess it's to be expected in an inexpensive display though.

Almost all Moiré controls (and certainly all in cheaper monitors) adversely affect sharpness, so I'd rather have a little moiré every now and then (when was the last time I had a checkerboard pattern on my screen NOT for sharpness/moiré testing reasons? ).

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Re: Got our new monitor.

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
      It's a Samsung SyncMaster 763MB, with an even newer MagicBright² with a maximum brightness of 550 candela/m² (painfully bright IMHO.) For $150 I guess it's not bad, although I'd rather it had less moire than it does. It's annoying having to balance the moire control between clearing moire patterns in solid areas of color (caused by scanlines), moire patterns in vertical lines, and the flicker caused by the moire control jittering the beam to "defocus" it. I guess it's to be expected in an inexpensive display though.
      Told you too get an TFT.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'd be happy to, just send me the extra $150 to cover the difference.

Comment

Working...
        X