Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never ever thought I would be glad to hear....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never ever thought I would be glad to hear....

That my father-in-law has had a brain haemorrhage. The alternative, and our fear, was that his prostate cancer was no longer supressed by the hormones and had spread out to his brain. Meanwhile, his wife will start chemo friday next week for her second breast cancer, 15 years after the first one.

The rotten thing is it may take a few months for him to get home, prcious time we had hoped to share with him under better conditions. Two of my three kids are well aware of what is going on and love them both very much. They are hurt bad.

I lost my father rather young (I was 20) and this guy is as close as a father as a second could get. The wife is upset too of course.

Man, what a life (and then there are that have so much bigger probs).

One sad Umf.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Umf, I can appreciate, I lost my father when I was 22. We were lucky in a way that we knew he was going to go (bad heart and many other complications) but it happened much earlier then we had expected.

Chin up, and make the most of the situation that you can - thats all I can say.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Some die - some dont.

No fairness involved.

In my family only the young die. The old live on forever.
      That too is sad.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

My activity here has been affected by my father in law's terminal illness, which is nearing the end. He's been more like my 2nd father since my own father died. He has both liver cancer and a badly infected and abcessed aortic valve, both of which are inoperable.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 October 2003, 09:10.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Dr. M. I wish you all the strenght.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
          X