Loss of Sound with RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of Sound with RR

What's the deal with this. If I do a format and re-install windows and matrox stuff, RR works fine. After a few re-boots, maybe a crash or two, all of a sudden I get no sound. I can't seem to do anything to fix it, except reformat the HD and re-install everything.

Clean Install with WinME

System: 500 mhz Athlon with FIC SD11 mobo
    128 MB of Ram, G400 Dual Head with RR add-on,
    Aureal Vortex2 Super Quad, Toshiba DVD,
    Acer 6x4x32 CDRW, 14GB Maxtor, 8GB Quantam.

PS for those of you who don't know, you can do a clean install with the WinME upgrade for win98. During the install, it just asks you for valid files, all you do is insert the win98 CD.

My first questions would be ..

1. Why use ME with your RR?? What happens if you only use Win98??

2. Do you loose the sound on video capture or do you loose it generally on the PC??

paulw

Comment

Same with win98. It worked for about a week or so when I first bought it, but then the sound died. This was long before winME came out, and I was only running win98. Same as I stated above, I would have to re-format and then re-install win98 to get it working again. Is there any possible IRQ or DMA conflict, or any way to change my IRQ / DMA for the RR.

All I can figure out is that it must be an IRQ or DMA problem (or a defect), but I know not how to change those. Windows wont let me. I know how to change the IRQ for my G400, but nothing about changing settings for the RR.

Comment

My only suggestion is to look at this link and it may help. Some else here may have a better idea of how to change the IRQ
        http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/fa.../install.cfm#6
        paulw

Comment

Working...
        X