National School Bus Safety Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National School Bus Safety Week

I applod this (subject), you can never be too safe around children and school busses.

and then today a neighbor who's an undercover narc decided he would backup right infront of the stopped bus my son was just getting off of and then blew off the stop sign at the end of the cul-de-sac.

Now I'm formulating a means of correcting his "I'm above the law mentality"... but how to without retribution?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Ask him (without a hint of irony) to pose for (or take photos of you posing for) "how-not-to-do-it" photos that you plan to use to make some posters for the street for the aforementioned week. This is a nice, neighbourly request that you can do next tomorrow morning/afternoon when the school bus is next around.

Hopefully the idea will sink in somehow... but this way it looks like he is helping...
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Sounds like a good idea there GNEP, but the problem is no one even knows his name. He is undercover narcotics. Doesn't even put trash out to the curb, they bring in a panel van once every couple 3 months and haul off his trash. Don't think he would be willing to pose, not sure he would even answer the door... Doesn't say Hi in return, shoot doesn't associate with anyone outside of the dept.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hmmm... well you're a bit buggered then for doing anything that directly involves him. Why not do some posters with other neighbours/friends and put them up along the street - including directly outside his house (without looking like it's specifically directed at him)? Or request the the council (or do it yourself - not sure how it works Stateside) put some signs up like "Please drive carefully - children" or "Slow! Children playing!" or just those sillhouettes of kids crossing the road we have here in the UK along your road?
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Doesn't seem like he's especially undercover with everyone knowing...

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I only assume this based on behaviour. I know others that are Undercover Narcotic Officers and they are the same, exactly the same (I use to do communication systems for police/narcotics/fire/ambulance/military so have a little insight on this subject

Comment

One would think that drug dealers would have that kind of knowledge too, making this all a bit pointless.. also, I thought being undercover meant to NOT behave like a total weirdo and drawing lots of attention towards you.. must be reverse psychology

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

You CAN report it the police: just mail a tape to them with the mname of the Cul-De-Sac n it and address it to the Traffic Division: and if you DO provide them video, if the guy is legit, he' ll probably get a coaching.
                Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Or... y'know... spike strips.

That would be wrong though. So would slashing his tires.

Or mounting a big ol' poster on the stop sign that has an arrow pointing up, saying "THIS MEANS YOU NARC!"

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Go to the nearest major road at 3am.. put up a sign that says NARC---->

.. then paint it several times on the way to his house.. and finally one big time in his driveway, in red, 9 foot tall letters. Go to the Cuban neighborhood and release handfuls of leaflets directing people there..

Don't get caught!
                    Last edited by KvHagedorn; 23 October 2003, 04:23.

Comment

btw, what does "applod" mean?

Comment

Ah he's above the law forget it you can't do anything.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Or you could just place an annonymous call to 911 because of smoke/strange odors or whatever coming out of his house...
                          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

just be obnoxius slice the valvestems on his tires (facing centerline of tire so as it spins there will be a slow leak)
                            you have to break the tire down to replace it
                            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Working...
                            X