How do i get rid of Windows Mesenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i get rid of Windows Mesenger

well ever since i installed MSN mesenger 6 on win XP the old Windows Mesenger just wont go away... it dosent show up in the task bar but i know its running becuse it signes me off sometimes.. and the prosses msmsgs.exe is running in my task manager... i have tried to uninstall it from the windows componants unistall section but it just wont go away... terminating the processes just makes it start up again.... is there something in the services section that i must stop or something... how the hell do i get rid of it...
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Search this forum as it been disscussed here recently.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...dows+messenger

Comment

Run it. Go to preferences and tell it NOT to run in the background.

Bingo!

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

k.... thanks guys....
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

well.... i tried what you guys sugested... and it turnes out that after all that it still shows up in the proscesses list.... reason... norton AV.... uncheck MSN monitoring.... and it works

Comment

Working...
            X