Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download flash issue...

Hello,

I'm trying to download Flash 7 for a computer that has no connection to internet. However, the MS-version installs immediatly, without giving you a chance to save it.

Any ideas on how I could download flash7installer.exe (for IE) ?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

You can get an installer for Netscape and Opera, but it still requires an inet connection. AFAIK, you cannot install flash 7 without an inet connection, unless you have the actual Flash MX 2004 program.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Ok, thanks...

Perhaps I can find a version on some free-internet CD...

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Two things:

Use Irfanview. It can play flash but I am not sure which version.

Or, grab the flash.ocx and flash.inf files from a machine that has it installed. Put them in the same directory on the non-internet machine. Right-click on the inf file and choose install.

Edit:
        Forget Irfanview. I just found out it only does flash version 4.
        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 23 October 2003, 12:20.

Comment

Thanks!
          I will give that a try... (when I get round to it... )

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Apparently Flash7 is different. It needs swflash.inf, getflash.exe, getflash.manifest, and flash.ocx. When you take getflash.manifest, change it to getflash.man.

You should then have swflash.inf, getflash.exe, getflash.man, and flash.ocx. Right-click on the flash.inf file and choose install. Or after it has just been installed on a machine, go into the internet cache of the user that installed it and grab swflash.cab. All the files are there.

Comment

Working...
            X