Animal activists trying to get city name changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal activists trying to get city name changed

I tried to find a link to the story but I guess it is so rediculous that nobody posted it

These activists are trying to get a city here in the bay area to rename the city from "Rodeo" to "Unity". They say the name "rodeo" promotes animal abuse.
    They also said they will give 20k to the schools to buy veggie burgers as an incentive. ROFL

Now, keep in mind that I am paraphrasing so the exact story may be a little different.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

You'd think they'd at least look up its meaning. The term comes from the Spanish "el rodeo", which literally means "detour".

This is a perfect name for a bay-area city since they have as many detour signs as Michigan has ragweed plants

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 October 2003, 11:38.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Let them eat their veggie burgers!! More meat for the meat eaters!

Animal rights activists are nutjobs. ELF is nothing more than a stupid terroist group.

[Begin Jammrock-script-o-matic (TM) for the new movie "Free the World from those Evil Humans"]

ELF D00d: Those darn American capitalists! They are ruining beautiful Colorada old growth forest to build a ski-lodge.

ELF Ch1c: Let's burn it down!

ELF D00d: GOod idea!

(ELF proceeds to burn down the Vale ski lodge, thus putting the entire area in danger from the sparks of the fire set in late summer ... retards)

Ski Lodge Owner: Oh drat, my ski lodge in tourist trap Vale has burned down. There go my insurance rates!

Insurance Company: Lousy eco-nazi's, ruining my perfectly good profit margin. Here you go Mr. Ski Lodge Owner, your check for the damages.

Ski Lodge Owner: Oh look, now I can rebuild my ski lodge and destroy twice as much old growth forest because the ELF retards burned down the first one, not thinking that I would simply collect my insurance check and rebuild the lodge using the exact same old growth forest materials. What a bunch of st00pid %*#@ing retards!!!

ELF Ch1c: Look, they are building a Vale ski lodge with old growth forest, let's burn it down ...

ETC.

[/END Jammrock-script-o-matic (TM)]

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Something like when they burned that SUV dealership a while back. Turns out the fire produced more pollution than all the SUV's would in 10 years of use.

Dumbasses.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

You said it Dr Mordrid, they gotta be dumb! If I say, "hey, we're all going to Rodeo!", do you really want to kill some animal and eat meat just because I said that? And like you said, the name means a lot more than this...

So much chaos for so little!
          Why SysAdmins like Unix?
          unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep.

Comment

Not to mention that a good riding bull or bronco is worth a lot of money and therefore gets pampered like you wouldn't believe. After the critters career ends it gets put out to stud.

For this all they have to do is at most let someone ride them for 8 seconds at most. More often they kick the shit out of the rider after a ride a lot shorter than that

As for the "cruelty" aspect of rodeos; how often do you see riders taken out on a stretcher then compare that to how often the bulls & broncs are

Animal cruelty my ass....

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 October 2003, 11:04.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I found a link...

Follow the StarTribune for the news, photos and videos from the Twin Cities and beyond.
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
              X