The odious stench of TIME magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The odious stench of TIME magazine

.. has fully infected AOL, I see. Today, millions of impressionable stupid people who vote were treated to a pic of the DC sniper with an innocent look on his face, and the headline: "He's on trial for his life" with the ever-leading question-to-click-on below: "Was Mohammed the sniper?"

A couple of days ago there was a picture of the ailing Pope. The headline then was: "As Pope celebrates 25th anniversary" and click on: "Many ask if religion still matters."

I cancelled my subscription to this leftist, anti-Christian magazine several years ago, when they published an article about separation of church and state. Apparently, some Jewish group had gotten permission to erect a menorah on courthouse grounds in a certain town. Some locals tried to get it removed because they believed it violated separation of church and state. When this request was refused, more people in the community got upset about it, and some KKK members erected a big, makeshift cross on the grounds in protest. Because it was the Klan that did this, some angry leftist folks who think with their emotions (trained by the likes of TIME to react this way) tore down the cross, which was replaced and then torn down again. TIME referred to the cross in question as a "Klan symbol."

The problem is, this company controls such a huge proportion of all media in this country.. Warner Bros. movies and recordings, Time-Warner cable, Roadrunner cable internet, AOL, etc. The suits who approve of this type of reporting also control what movies get made and what type of music gets released. They decide what news story greets you on your home page when you get online. There are serious problems with a society in which such an arrogant group clearly has an agenda to twist the thinking of the masses in such a way, and controls such a huge spectrum of the media that people get bombarded with their views from all sides on a daily basis. It is a different type of propaganda, a subtle message delivered by selective revelation to the public of what (the TW people believe) constitutes something important, and delivering it with a twist which will subtly make you "feel" a certain way about the subject. This company is evil. It makes me ill.

You know, it's funny, that's exactly what I think of FOX.
    On the other hand, to show you how out of touch we are with tv:
    Our paper listed the top 20 shows for OKC and we had never seen a single episode of any of them.

chuck

PS Why would anyone spend money on a news magazine of any kind in this day & time?
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Actually, I enjoy reading Time.

I then follow it with the corresponding Newsweek.

And perhaps U.S. News.

Between the three I get a FAIRLY balanced look at things.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
        Actually, I enjoy reading Time.

I then follow it with the corresponding Newsweek.

And perhaps U.S. News.

Between the three I get a FAIRLY balanced look at things.

- Gurm
        Well sure, but you don't PAY for them do you?
        I mean you can get all that stuff on line for free now.
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Ahh.. I forgot they own CNN too!

Anyhow, they have a far longer reach than Fox does, and more people (liberal news media types and lefty politicos) are always bellowing about Fox being biased, while the Time-Warner monster goes relatively uncriticised.

Gurm, are you an impressionable 13 year old girl with an IQ of 95, who is having the way she thinks formed for life right now? Didn't think so.. it's amazing how many intelligent people recount their own experience in this type of case when these media people realize that they won't really be fooling this 99th percentile type fellow.. why should they care about us? We account for 1% of the votes in this country, which is insignificant to them.. their aim is to brainwash the MASSES. I would be willing to bet that far fewer than 1% of folks actually read all news sources to get a "balanced" view.. they are too busy getting emotional about the source they usually read, and viewing news as "entertainment." Their votes count the same as yours or mine, and they outnumber us 99 to 1..

Comment

KvH: you are not the only one thinking this way, according to gallup ~45% think the same, only ~14% would say the networks are too liberal. poll

however, another analysis shows the following:
            Looking at two weeks of coverage (1/30/03-2/12/03), FAIR examined the 393 on-camera sources who appeared in nightly news stories about Iraq on ABC World News Tonight, CBS Evening News, NBC Nightly News and PBS's NewsHour with Jim Lehrer. The study began one week before and ended one week after Secretary of State Colin Powell's February 5 presentation at the U.N., a time that saw particularly intense debate about the idea of a war against Iraq on the national and international level.

More than two-thirds (267 out of 393) of the guests featured were from the United States. Of the U.S. guests, a striking 75 percent (199) were either current or former government or military officials. Only one of the official U.S. sources-- Sen. Edward Kennedy (D.-Mass.)-- expressed skepticism or opposition to the war. Even this was couched in vague term:
            link

doesn't seem to be "liberal" coverage.

and to finish this post, let me quote guru:
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..
            . I had to post that after your "30% german youth"-posting elsewhere.

wulfman
            "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
            "Lobsters?"
            "Really? I didn't know they did that."
            "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Re: The odious stench of TIME magazine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KvHagedorn
              [B].. snip...

I cancelled my subscription to this leftist, anti-Christian magazine several years ago, when they published an article about separation of church and state. Apparently, some Jewish group had gotten permission to erect a menorah on courthouse grounds in a certain town. Some locals tried to get it removed because they believed it violated separation of church and state. When this request was refused, more people in the community got upset about it, and some KKK members erected a big, makeshift cross on the grounds in protest. Because it was the Klan that did this, some angry leftist folks who think with their emotions (trained by the likes of TIME to react this way) tore down the cross,

(insert comment)
              What, being against the KKK means that you're an "angry leftist"? Guess that makes every Catholic, Black, Jew, and everyone else the Klan hates an "angry leftist"
              (end of insert comment)

which was replaced and then torn down again. TIME referred to the cross in question as a "Klan symbol."

And the problem with this characterization is? Was not the cross in question being used as a KKK 'symbol'?

(rest of stupid rant snipped out)

Comment

I knew one of you would scurry out of the woodwork.. (looks for can of RAID)

The cross is a Christian symbol. It was quite obviously placed there as a protest and a counterbalance against the use of public grounds as a host for symbols of other religions. The Klan is pro-Christian and always has been. Are you saying that because of this, Christianity is evil? You are saying that, and so were the mind-controlled masses who tore down the cross. It is because of this attitude (in large part instilled by the leftist media) that so few would have the balls to respond to an attempt to define society by a minority religion, which was the original transgression in this case.

Comment

Well I can't argue with the fact that Time and Newsweek are pretty blatently liberal, and the way CNN slants all their news is apalling. I think its funny how people say that FOX news is so right winged, when its actually just moderate and more unbiased (as news should be), but looks extreme right when compared to the rest of the commie tv and print media.

Comment

You know, "liberals" used to be people who were concerned for the rights of the common working class man. Now they are increasingly haters of white people, Christianity, and western civilization in general.

Comment

I remember right after 9/11/01 the media kept mentioning Iraq as a possible culprit for the terrorists

a search on AP and reuters showed activity levels over the no fly zone were substantial (many iraqi planes shot down) yet it NEVER hit the tv over here

Just goes to show you how sheltered the American people are due to the media's choice in what will get attention/ratings for them.
                      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

The Klan is pro-Christian and always has been.
                        I'd sure like to know what you're smoking. There is no way I'd ever describe the KKK's agenda as anything even remotely resembling what any intelligent person would call "Christian."

The KKK preaches a perverted abomination that has very little (if anything) to do with Christ's true teachings. Whatever polish they put on it these days, it still boils down to the fact that the Klan is just a bunch of empty-headed violent redneck losers.

I'll thank you never to refer to them as "Christian" again.

Kevin

Comment

The Klan uses the Cross as it's symbol - only after adding Kerosene and a match.

I am a Christian, and these dudes are not Christians...they are evil incarnate. They can't even quantify why they hate other people. The whole movement is quite facist-leaning, neo nazis and clans men seem to go hand in hand... When I first moved out here 12 years ago there was a Klan rally and from the newpapers characterized it as a big picnic... but last year when they had their annual "picnic" more protesters showed up than Klansmen. They didn't have a public picnic this year. Things have come a long way since the Clinton Years (the Jerk was Governer here back then).

Now, there is some truth to corruption in the various Church Denominations, and to be sure, it bothers me to see some ministers driving Cadillacs and SUVs towing 20+ cabin cruisers that cost upwards of $40,000.

Some of them had the money to start with, but some of them accept far too much for their salaries and pay. Voluntary Tithes are one thing, spiritual extortion is another.

It is wrong to demonize an entire faith because of how some exploit it for personal gain, yet the Liberal Media chants that all religions are merely money-making operations when this is simply not true.

I submit that if Ted Turner had given a Billion Dollars to the Habitat for Humanity, rather than the U.N., the world would have been far better off.

The media is pushing for the abolishment of all Churches leaving only the State, yet all of the federalist papers show Faith as the moral foundation of the Constitution...and God is referred to several times in the Delcaration of Independance and the Constitution. Separation of Church and State meant that there was no State Church.

All Churches were free to do as they pleased within the law, and the law protected all Faiths equally. But now the Faithless are standing up and saying they want a say in something that they do not believe in. Right there should have been enough jurisprudence to find that the Faithless have no standing... simply because they do not believe. Liberal Courts have erred badly in not recognizing this, so now we are set for a showdown.

And the outcome will be predictable with the current Supreme Court Bench...We have a separation of Church and State. But Separation does not mean Ignorance nor does it mean there should be no intercourse between the State and Churches.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact, and I doubt seriously the Supreme court would ever allow it to be.
                          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                            I knew one of you would scurry out of the woodwork.. (looks for can of RAID)
                            One of 'you'? You mean someone who despises the KKK and everything that scum like that stand for? Yep, and proud of it!

The only use I can see for that can of RAID is on those 'right thinking' KKK cockroaches that you're so eager to defend.

[i]The cross is a Christian symbol. It was quite obviously placed there as a protest and a counterbalance against the use of public grounds as a host for symbols of other religions. The Klan is pro-Christian and always has been.[/B]
                            If you truly think that the KKK is 'pro-Christian' you're either incredibly ignorant or you're telling us something about yourself that maybe you should have kept private.

[i]Are you saying that because of this, Christianity is evil? You are saying that, and so were the mind-controlled masses who tore down the cross.[/B]
                            And that is a truly offensive statement. And incredibly stupid to boot. You realize that you're acting in the role of a Klan apologist don't you?

Upon reflection, You can remove the question mark as it seems pretty obvious that you know exactly what you're saying.

[i]It is because of this attitude (in large part instilled by the leftist media) that so few would have the balls to respond to an attempt to define society by a minority religion, which was the original transgression in this case. [/B]
                            And Sig ****ING Heil to you. The dry cleaners called, your sheets are ready to pick up....

Comment

Play nice in the sandbox boys

no personal attacks plz
                              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Working...
                              X