Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fujitsu just gave Tom a thick wad of Cash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fujitsu just gave Tom a thick wad of Cash!

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

How about them owning up to all the duff hard drives and handing out dosh for that.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Doesn't have to be cash. Maybe just a Fujitsu executive gave Tom what he needs in his rear....
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

What's your problem? MO is one of the safest storage options, and Fujitsu is a very big (if not the biggest) player in that market segment. It doesn't have to be untrue just because it's on THG (Or The Reg, or Inq, for that matter)

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Noone said MO technology is bad.
          But it IS a bit suspect for this article to come out of the nowhere trying to create user demand for this technology (that is not demanded by the general user by now) shortly before xmas AND having such strong links to only one specific manufacturer in the article.
          So my problem is that this is not a simple technically based article on the advantages of MO technology regarding data-safety, but more has written "Fujitsu MO drive marketing campaign, XMas edition" all over it...

And why didn't they mention the DVD-RAM standard with one single word even though that one seems to combine the advantages of MO with those of DVD: high data safety, short access times, high transfer speeds, big storage capacity?

You can't really tell me that this was not done by THG to support Fujitsu in some way.
          Last edited by Indiana; 18 October 2003, 08:25.
          My System
          German ATI-forum

Comment

It might have been; yet, MO is vastly superior to DVD-RAM with regards to data safety (granted, it's inferior in about all other aspects). And I know lots of digital photographers who're looking for a backup/archiving medium safer than CDR (because they've lost some valued photos that they believed were save on CD), and who don't know about MO.

So, MO is a good technology for its market niche, but nonetheless the beautiful Dr. Tom might have been bought (or just complimented enough ) by Fujitsu. But actually I don't know any other company with any comparable effort in the MO segment than Fujitsu.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

MO might be superior to DVD-RAM, but I wouldn't call it "vastly" superior, at least not to the caddied DVD-RAMs.

For other manufactureres of magneto-optical drives, many manufacturers of PC peripheral / storage solutions seems to have those drives in their product lineup:
              E.g. Sony, IOmega,...
              My System
              German ATI-forum

Comment

I thought HP were a big player in the MO drive market
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
                X