Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bastard Bastard Bastard

Crash Crash Crash Crash.

Okay lets run memtest, memory error at blah blah Memory error etc. Okay lets try normal memory settings. Memtest pass pass. Okay I'll run it over night. Lets have a game of UT2003 crash and crash.

Pull out the memory and run tests on single simms 2nd simm the 512 of course memory errors.

Dump that put all the others on run memtest not fully no errors of course after I come out of the loo.

I reckon the bastard been faulty all along. One slight snag the company I bought it from supplied me with 1.5 gig of incorrect items. I.E the stuff I bought was sold as 2.5 cas. It arrived as cas 2.

Going to run memtest overnight to make sure on the remaining mods but it looks like I need another 512mb of ddr 400 Corsair ram. Whats there rma like???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I've found Corsair to be excellent with warranty returns. They do require you to try to get things fixed via their forums (at http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/fo...hp?forumid=128 ). Once they realize that you have a bad module, they are very quick. (I don't remember exactly, but I think they shipped stuff via 2-day air).

Comment

For some reason the title of this thread makes me think of THIS mildly annoying flash video (don't have the volume up too loud if at work, you might get some odd looks, but it's nothing naughty.)

At least you still got a whole gig left over while you wait on the RMA... stupid Intel i815 chipset won't even let me run more than 512 megs.

Comment

why are you using the Intel i815 chipset? At least with an overclocked BX chipset, you can get a GIG.
        ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

Because you can't run a Tualatin processor in a 440BX board without doing various HW modifications or using a socket adapter. And AGP 4x is soooo much faster than the pitiful AGP 2x the 440BX can manage!

Comment

Most Motherboards only work with 1 or 2 memory modules installed!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Then why do they sell them with more than two memory slots ?
              Heck, I got 6 memory slots on my mobo.

I'd go with you'd better use identical modules if you want maximum compatibility/stability, not that it's a guarantee, we're talking about dual channel and i875P here.

Comment

My old CUBX (440BX based ) worked just fine with 3 256 meg DIMM's, even o/c'ed to 124 MHz FSB

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                  Because you can't run a Tualatin processor in a 440BX board without doing various HW modifications or using a socket adapter. And AGP 4x is soooo much faster than the pitiful AGP 2x the 440BX can manage!
                  LMAO
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Ran memtest all night on the ramaining modules no errors.
                    Restored an older image of XP that I knew worked without problems. Mainly becuase of all the driver updates I've been doing lately.
                    Machine rebooted after fifthteen minutes. Moved memory timings from Turbo down to fast still running. Fingers crossed it's fixed until I get a replacement module.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
                      Most Motherboards only work with 1 or 2 memory modules installed!
                      Mine works fine with 4 memory modules (2 x 512MB Corsair's TWINx Matched Memory Pair)

DC
                      Asus EAH4870, Samsung SyncMaster 2232GW LCD, Asus P5Q Premium, Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 1600 MHz FSB, Antec TruePower Quattro 1000, 5 Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA, Iomega 1GB Jaz, 4.09GB (OCZ 1066 DDR2 Reaper), Sound Blaster Audigy 2, LG GH22LS30, Logitech MX-1000, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows XP Professional (SP3)

Comment

Still running 9hrs now going to try UT2k3
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well I think they have lifetime warranty on those modules, so should just be able to RMA it and they'll replace it with the same module specs as what you send in.

Comment

Ran all night no problems.
                            Ran windoze update then I rebooted and ran Norton Anti Virus and it rebooted. Grrrr.
                            Up the voltage to 2.9V and everything seemed okay. Uninstalled Norton system works and Nortons Firewall. Put on mcafee anti virus and firewall. Rebooted and updated several times.
                            Installed Fix-It 5. Ran defrag and that said disk errors. Ran disktools no errors. Tried defrag you've got errors. Ran chkdsk and left it oo it. Rebooted some error then Bsod.
                            Set it slow mode in bios rebooted chkdsk ran into Windows. Ran jetdrag you've got errors, Chkdsk had found some and corrected these. Checked website and theres a patch for jetdefrag for disk errors. Ran jetdefrag and it's now working.
                            Checked the stop error on microshaft but it's not listed of course. Sadly it didn't point to file either.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Try running that memory in 2-3-2 6 (Ras to CAS 3) at default voltage. 2.9V seems too much and I think Corsair will cover you waranty only up to 2.8V or 2.85V.

Comment

Working...
                              X