Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery

My car had devoloped a rattle and the odd clunk when stopping or pulling. It's was so intermittant you couldn't take too a Garage. Finally coming off a curb heavily while reversing back (Only front passenger side wheel went clunk) the exhaust started rattling very loudly intermittantly.
    On the second vist to the garage it obliged and rattled loudly. Anyway they fixed it for a tenner.
    Today I spoke to the guy who fixed it and he said I had grounded the exhaust pushing it back against the heatshield plus bending the heat shield as well.
    The only big clunk I can remember would have pushed the exhaust forward not back plus the back of the car wasn't hitting anything. Also the curb isn't high enougth even allowing for travel in the suspension.
    The only thing I can think is the dreaded speed hump and scraping the top of one but I can't remember any noise of that sort. Strange.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Does a speed hump last 30 seconds?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I hope you didn't lend your car to your sister!

Comment

Heatshields routinely come loose from their welds/rivets just with age (the odd bump helps too) causing them to rattle.

a simple gear clamp (when attached to the muffler) or rivet (when attached to the body) will fix this.
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

My heat sheild on my cat is being held by those black paper clamp things. It needs to get welded.

Comment

Nope wasn't my sister so I've done but I don't know when.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X