iPod option for digital photography + UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod option for digital photography + UPDATE

Belkin's own Media Reader attachment enables iPods to import, store and back up digital photos from cameras that use five of the most common memory card formats -- CompactFlash, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, SD and MMC.
    Basically, this results in similar functionality as the X-drive or other similar devices (harddisk+cardreader combos).

Jörg

edit: PERFORMANCE WARNING : http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...991#post432991
    Last edited by VJ; 29 October 2003, 01:56.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Would be exactly what you want (if only your Blaupunkt car stereo had a true AUX-in...) Especially now that iTunes for windows is out.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yes....

I'm now looking at something like this: http://www.blaupunkt.nl/7607770096_main.asp
      (not this particular device though)

There are bound to be devices that modulate the audio signal jack/cinch to an antenna.... (the iPod FM module will most likely forbidden in Belgium, as it also has been in the Netherlands and the UK: broadcasting on FM without licence is forbidden here).
      edit: I mean devices with an antenna input, jack/cinch input and antenna output, and modulate the jack/cinch signal directly on the antenna cable, without broadcasting it. I know there are things like that for e.g. adding an AV input to a TV which doesn't have the connections by itself.

Any hints ?
      (I'll check my garage and local electronics store about this thing; I also remembered there is an specilized car electronics store nearby)

Jörg
      Last edited by VJ; 18 October 2003, 07:28.
      pixar

Comment

I don't think you'll find any in legit stores, as I think they're not legal. I found many for cheap on ebay though. Just search for fm modulator.

Be wary, though, to get a quality device, the difference is a lot bigger here than between, say, cd players.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I think the ones that modulated directly on the cable are legal: they don't broadcast the signal... (a bit like the way a vcr adds a channel to your TV ).
          Things like this: http://www.mp3kit.com/Products/PLL-1...modulator.html

Still, don't know if I'll go through with it though (I'm not much of a DIY guy, so I'll have to go to the garage to have the stuff fitted).

Jörg
          Last edited by VJ; 20 October 2003, 01:47.
          pixar

Comment

can you read german?

conrad.at offers this stuff, search for "AMOS FM-MODULATOR EFM 01" for example.

mfg
            wulfman
            "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
            "Lobsters?"
            "Really? I didn't know they did that."
            "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Yep, that is the kind of thing I meant!

I have found other such devices; and I have the impression that the "wired modulators" are legal here...

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

update:

The belkin device only transfers at 0.3 MB/s to the iPod. This means that 50 MB takes approx. 2 minutes, leading to extremely long times with larger cards !

Expert news, reviews and videos of the latest digital cameras, lenses, accessories, and phones. Get answers to your questions in our photography forums.

As a result, the conclusion of the review on macilife has changed from "buy" to "it depends":
                A companion site for 'The Macintosh iLife' book series, featuring resources and tips for iTunes, iPod, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, .Mac, and GarageBand.

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

Working...
                X