Who the hell is XGI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the hell is XGI?

I'm wondering how they managed to get DX9 compliant so fast...

XGI Press release

Digitimes article

If only they would have Dual View
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

There are a few threads in here already about their new cards.. you can do a search

I think it was S3 or someone like that who turned into XGI
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I think it's SIS' Xabre Graphics who acquired Trident, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

that's right Admiral SiS's graphic division Xabre spun off in June 2003 and then aquired Trident graphics.

i'm not sure what these cards will incorperate more of.. i know there were rumours going around about the Xabre 2's coming out sometime soon.. so these could be them.. but at the same time.. they could have bits of Trident in there too..

personally i'd really like to see how these cards perform..
        no harm, no foul.

Comment

OK.. SIS then.. sorry.. started with an S
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

And nothing to do with Matrox Hardware forum...

Comment

Well, maybe if it had something to do with BitBoys? (I thought that initially)

Oh well, I could close the thread, but I wanted to know if anyone knew which market segment they wanted to position themselves in. If it is SiS, I hope for them they have a good driver department to compete with the rest
              Peter Aragon
              Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Personally, I found this funny. S3 is VIA, Trident is SiS.

And they are working together :\

Comment

A visit to their site will show you that Tridents original XP4 or whatever is now positioned as XGI's laptop chipset and the volari is their desktop line. I do however want to see a review.

The Volari Duo V8 Ultra could be competion for a 9800pro. Their was a rumor floating around that their shader performance was not as good. But I will be happy if their shader performance in better than Nvidia's, and their HL2 performance to go along with it.

Comment

hmm... Dual chip and two power connectors I just read... I'd get a 9800 PRO instead

Comment

Working...
                    X