X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• official XP Rollup 1 security package available

WindowsXP-KB826939-x86-ENU.exe

fix list

Released a day too soon, since there were four new alerts for XP released today.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Hmm. 17 critical updates in the Rollup package and 17+ more left not in the Rollup Package. They're already ready to make another one!
      Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 16 October 2003, 04:44.

Comment

The ones left:[list=1][*]Buffer Overrun in Messenger Service COuld Allow Code Execution - WindowsXP-KB828035-x86-ENU.exe[*]Buffer Overrun in the ListBox and in the ComboBox Control Could Allow Code Execution - WindowsXP-KB824141-x86-ENU.exe[*]Buffer Overrun in WIndows Help and Support Center Could Lead to System Compromise - WindowsXP-KB825119-x86-ENU.exe[*]Vulnerability in Authentication Code Could Allow Remote COde Execution - WindowsXP-KB823182-x86-ENU.exe[*]Windows XP Support Patch for Wireless Protected Access - Q815485_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe[*]Windows Error Reporting Recommended UpdateWindowsXP-KB821253-x86-ENU.exe[*]Netbios Random Info Exposure - Maybe SP2 - WindowsXP-KB824105-x86-ENU.exe[*]Buffer Overrun in Windows Could Lead to Data Corruption - Q817606_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe[*]Buffer Overrun In HTML Converter Could Allow Code Execution - WindowsXP-KB823559-x86-ENU.exe[*]You Cannot Create a Network Connection After You Restore Windows XP - Q329441_WXP_SP2_5838[*]Unchecked Buffer in the Locator Service Might Permit Code to Run - Q810833_XP_5937[*]Repeatedly Prompted to Complete Activation for Windows XP Media Center Edition after you Enter a Product Key - Q811632_WXP_SP2[*]Flaw in Windows Script Engine Could Allow Code Execution - Jscript_ win2K_XP_56_6003[*]Critical Update for Windows XP Media Center Edition - Q815487_WXP_SP2_x86[*]Cannot Install Driver Updates from the Windows Update Web Site - Q814033_XP_SP2_5989[/list=1]

And

Windows .NET Service Pack2
        msxml4qfe.exe - The correct MSXML patch.
        IIS Cumulative Update Q811114_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe
        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 16 October 2003, 06:50.

Comment

Now they are also going to patch only monthly as some whiny SYS Admins were complaining that they kept having to drop everthing to patch their systems. Software Update services anyone? Now they have to wait longer for the patches.

Comment

Sigh.........
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
              Now they are also going to patch only monthly as some whiny SYS Admins were complaining that they kept having to drop everthing to patch their systems. Software Update services anyone? Now they have to wait longer for the patches.
              whatever....

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
                whatever....
                Whatever,
                What I did at the school I worked at if I could not get to all the machines in quick order is to just go from machine to machine installing the latest patches for that day. It's very difficult to keep up with a NT4 Server run network of 133+ machines with only part time help from the gentleman who acually got paid to maintain the network while classes are running, but with a good firewall, two great virus scanners, keeping a list of when the machines were last updated, and some minor teacher education we never got a worm and managed to clear KLEZ off the network. *High knocks on wood.* Then there is always software update services which makes things even easier.

It is ridiculous though that now we have to wait longer for patches that have taken too long and for the most part should have been fixed a long time ago anyway.
                Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 16 October 2003, 11:11.

Comment

I should take back the 'whiny' sysadmin part as Microsoft should just write better software, but nah.
                  Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 16 October 2003, 12:04.

Comment

I thought the once monthly was none critical updates while the critical will still come flying out when needed.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                    X