Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec "slick" SLK3700BQE

I gots to get me one of these!

looks pretty much like any other case.. sideways hdd mounts and a big exhaust fan are the only things looking just a bit out of the ordinary
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I was thinking of getting one too

only what to do with the PSU? and how do i make a window in the side?

edit: typo
      Last edited by knirfie; 15 October 2003, 13:30.
      Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Check out silentpcreview's review:

I think this is the case I want for my HTPC. Not as slick looking as the Overture, but it looks a lot easier to deal with.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Looks like the old Alienware case.

Comment

I think the look isn't supposed to be ground breaking, since it is designed from an older model. What is special is that the fan grills aren't air restrictive, the PSU is decently quiet, it comes with rubber grommets on the HD tray and silicon pins are supplied for attaching fans. Basically all the main mods that people do to get their computer quieter. So this case seems nice for those who want those mods without doing it themselves at a good price.
            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

So if they want a nice quiet case why can't they put a Seasonic PSU in there? I've just got one of their Super Tornados, and by George it's quiet. 1 big 120mm fan in there, running slowly. (Finally found a UK supplier: http://www.koolnquiet.co.uk/ ). Quiet as in "is the computer actually on?" from a housemate. If passively cooled PSUs weren't so expensive though...
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
              X