Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night shots

Olympus 730 on tripod

Standard night setting.. not sure how long it kept the shutter open, but sounded like a few seconds.
    The picture shows the American side of Niagra falls at night. the Canadian side ( the horseshoe fall ) was totally covered in mist, and was generally not photogenic that night

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Neat photo.. the time exposure makes the waterfall look like a curtain.

Didn't know they projected colored spots on the falls at night..

Comment

Nice
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Very nice indeed...

For what it is worth: the curtain effect on running water can also yield beautifull results in the the daylight. However, as the ambient light can be too bright for long exposures, ND-filters can be used (simply put: they darken the lens, so that for the camera it looks as if it is nighttime; thus allowing you to use long exposures).

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

great picture
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments

here is another one I took this past summer. I did not have a tripod with me, so I rested the camera on a rock.

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

those are all really cool
              P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Working...
              X