• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 7.21 final

download page

Though I think I'm sticking with Firebird for now

Great, thanks download in progress...
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

I read your post, and said to myself "why is he stinking? Just because he uses firebird?"

Then I read it again.

I still think that "stinking" fits better.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Still gurmpy... err, grumpy because you got to be the COC mascot ?

Comment

Damn, I was going to post this, but post-poned it. Now I'm late. Great.

I still got a trump though: Here's the changelog.

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

cool, they fixed the mouse gesture and history issues. 7.21 working great so far.

Gurm, shoo... go away. We know you don't like Opera and Firebird. There's no need to remind us every time an Opera or Firebird thread show up.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm using Opera relatively exclusively (still a few sites that I _have_ to fire up IE for, and Julie still uses IE, and there's a systemwide bug - might be MS's - where different users can't have different default browsers... grr...) at this point. I think Firebird is bird SHIT, but Opera is groovy. Hoopy even.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

So you think just because you use a hoopy browser you're a frood?

AZ

Comment

I love Opera, it's just that it keeps crashing on me
                  I've tryed different memory and disk cache settings, still crashes after a while. Was also confused by the multitude of settings at first but got over it relatively quick.
                  Previous to 7.2x I used some late versions of 5 and early versions of 6, was also turned away by the crashing.

Firebird is fast enough (maybe not as fast as Opera), stable for now and easy to configure. I prefer to keep a single window with multiple tabs when I browse. Till now, the only thing I have against it is the small reply window that I'm typing this message in.

Comment

Luv Opera, they just REALLY need to refine the mail client.
                    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

gt40, Opera's mail client is not bad, it's just very DIFFERENT. I needed time to get accustomed to it, too (a hd crash helped make the change to a new email client easier), but now I think it's great
                      You just have to understand that you don't view your mail in folders anymore, but through filters. All your mails are in one database, and the access points are just predefined filters.

Well, people either love M2 or hate it

AZ

Comment

Jeez a lot of bug fixes there.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well this version works with murc unlike the previous one. Also failed to import IE bookmarks again.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Arrrgh still suffers from the freezing problem. Back too IE. Perhaps version 8 will solve this.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I think Firebird is bird SHIT
                              tz tz tz....well...everyone is different! Opera for the uber-g33ks, Firebird for those who don't have the computer power to be waiting for a friggen Splash Screen to show up

Comment

Working...
                              X