Bah, ANOTHER monitor craps out on us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bah, ANOTHER monitor craps out on us!

Our SyncMaster 700s started doing something rather annoying this morning... at 1024x768 the left and right edges were stretched out, so that when I pulled the horizontal width back down the picture fits again, but with compressed edges. It seems to be refresh rate related... at 85 Hz the effect is worst, and the focus near the middle of the screen gets pretty icky. Down to 60 and all seems well (other than the annoying flicker.) At 800x600 anything over about 70 Hz does starts doing it too.

The monitor's pretty old, but it's still sucks when you'd rather not have to spend the money.

This means something else is going to break as well just too piss you off fully. Of course you'll have to fix both.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Quiet you!

Thinking about getting a Syncmaster 763MB from Best Buy, seems to be a decent bargin for $150. The 700s was made in March 1998, so I guess it's not TOO horribly surprising it went out I guess.

Comment

Get an LCD.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The monitor I use right now (still a perfect picture!) is an Iiyama Vision Mastre Pro 17 from Feb '97

But it wasn't exactly a bargain (~760 EUR).

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Iiyama variable picture quality.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

LCD monitors are too expensive and I hate the way they distort non-native resolutions. That new Samsung looks like a good deal though, inexpensive but with a nice high quality picture.

Comment

I have never seen an LCD that I liked apart from a discontinued sw-1600 and the screen of Apple's 17' laptop. They all just well suck compared to a good CRT. Of course none of them was connected to a Matrox card so ...
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Got a Samsung Syncmaster 763MB from Best Buy for $159.44 after tax, free shipping too. Neither store in town had any left, but the warehouse did so it'll arrive at home by next Thursday at the latest. Should be a nice step up from this 700s even before it started to go bad, the 763MB has a horizontal dot pitch of 0.20mm, the 700s a blury 0.28mm.

Comment

Working...
                  X