What mail client ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mail client ?

So, is it worth ditching OE for another mail client ?
    A long, long time ago (2 or 3 years) I tryed Pegasus and Eudora, can't remember how I felt about them.
    With the firebird thread going on I went and downloaded it and also saw the thunderbird mail client, how is it ?

Thunderbird is pretty good, the junk/spam filters do a reasonable job.

Does eveything I want, and will "sanitise" junk email for previewing...eg will not run attachments or nasty html/java

Comment

I'm using The Bat for years now (www.ritlabs.com).

Does all i want, doesn't run attachments automatically, has good filtering, ...

Rakido
      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

using mozilla at the moment, the junk mail filter is well trained after about half a year of use. great.

will switch to thunderbird some time in the future.

mfg
        wulfman
        "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
        "Lobsters?"
        "Really? I didn't know they did that."
        "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

|    
          V    AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
            |    
            V    AZ
            deja vue.

mfg
            wulfman
            "Lobsters?"

Comment

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but there is something I've been wondering about Mozilla and Thunderbird. How does one get an eml file back into the program. I know you can save from the program to .eml but I do not know how to reverse this.

Comment

Importing settings and mail with Thunderbird seems easy enough, how do you back them up in case you want to reinstall OS ?

Comment

just backup the thunderbird folder in
                  "C:\Documents and Settings\'user name'\Application Data"
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

thanks

Comment

are the junk-mail-files (training.*?) and the bookmarks stored there too?

mfg
                      wulfman
                      "Lobsters?"

Comment

Somehow, it doesn't save sent messages. I've looked under Options/Composition for related settings, can't find any.

Comment

everything should be stored there
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

If I didn't use Outlook (due to its integration of e-mail and all the OTHER stuff I do), I don't know what I'd use. Eudora has always been dependable and utilitarian, but very boring.

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

I use T-bird, but I don't do anything fancy with it, so...

Comment

Working...
                              X