DVD max - losing controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD max - losing controls

I run my G400 in my HTPC (only display is TV). Eveything is running fine. Enabled clone and dvdmax. Image is great. My only problem is when I start an MPEG2 playback (be it in PowerDVD 5 or MP9), I can't control anything. I have a wireless keyboard but I can't control a thing (pause, FF, RW, stop, etc). How come?

Thanks

Myro :-)

Some more info...

I fugured that if I disabled DVDmax but still kept Clone, I could use Power DVD, full screen, and keep my on-screen controls.

Well, it still doesn't work. I can control allright, but I only get the sound. The picture stays black....

Comment

Upgraded to the latest drivers. No change... But now, everything is black and white.

This is not a good day...

Comment

set clone mode to 'performance' instead of 'quality' to see video on your tv in that mode.

Or better: use DVD-MAX, and use the keyboard shortcuts for the player software instead of using clone mode which is inferior for video quality.

Comment

Right on the money. I was starting to lose faith.

Disabled DVDMAX. Set image output to performance and voila. Had to do a little bit of screen adjustments, but to be honnest with you, on my 32in analogue TV, I can't see the difference between the 2 modes.

And none of the keyboard shorcurts were working with DVDmax enabled...

Thanks Dzeus

Myro :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Myro
            And none of the keyboard shorcurts were working with DVDmax enabled...
            perhaps the DVD player wasn't the active window at the moment you tried the shortcuts. Close all other applications in the taskbar, and try again. Otherwise press alt-tab a X number of times till the player is controllable through the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
            X