secure FTP server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• secure FTP server?

Anyone know the best way to securly host data from my XP machine?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

You could install a SSH server and use SCP to copy data through a SSH connection. That's quite secure.
    <font size="-4">User error:
    Replace user and try again.
    System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
    System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
    </font>

Comment

ok.. secure, yet fairly transparent to the remote user
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

TO be honest, I think FTP would be... straight forward enough.. I am not transmitting bank details here.

Comment

if you're fearing packet sniffers, you could use glftpd + tls which allows you to transfer ftp stuff over SSL. Glftpd only works in *nix though.

Comment

anh, i'm not that paranoid... Ijust want to be able to setup an archive of data that i can retrieve from wherever without worring about someone else going in and deleting it all

Comment

Thought you were on nights Oh Evil one.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

long story.. If i get the time later i will have a winge in the lounge

Comment

Then you need to get the newest version of RaidenFTPD. It's based off of glftpd, but it for Winblows:

FTP server software for Windows 7: RaidenFTPD is a widely used FTP server software. It works with Windows/Mac/Linux FTP clients and IE, and free trial download is also available.

It supports SSL, 64-bit encryption and all sorts of fun features. It's what I use.

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

ta Jammrock... d/ling as we speak.. will let you know how i get on.

Comment

Working...
                    X