Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions in HKCR

Hello everybody,

I encountered a problem with winxpp's registry and hope you guys could give me some hints to solve this.

To make some programs run when logged-in as restricted user, I need to change the permissions of HKCR\Interface, HKCR\Typelib and HKCR\CLSID from read-only to full-access for this user group. With win2k this works flawlessly, but in winxpp the restricted users always have read-only permissions, regardless what I setup as administrator.

Is this a bug or a feature? Perhaps a new kind of "system health"? ;-)

Thx in advance,
    Sirko.

Run regedt32 and then change the permissions
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
      Run regedt32 and then change the permissions
      Thats what I am talking about

I did run regedit as administrator and changed the permissions to full-access, but when I log-in as restricted user, I have read-only access.

If I run regedit as user to check the perms, it shows read-only. Run as admin it shows full-access.

Sirko.

Comment

Sit back and think a little bit. I'll give you a clue and think about adding users and altering permissions.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Don't know why I should sit back and ...
          Perhaps you misunderstood me.

I've done those permission changes with nt4 and win2k often. So I should know about users and permissions.

The prob is, that winxpp don't act as expected or known from win2k. If I change the permission of HKCR\Interface for restricted users as administrator, this change doesn't persist if I logon as user. It does for files, directories and other registry hives, if I set it up the same way. So why not HKCR\Interface, HKCR\Typelib and HKCR\CLSID?

Maybe my english is not that good to make that plain enough.

Sirko.

Comment

Pretty sure they did when I last did under XP sadly I can't remember where I was in the registry.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Guess what, I have to change the permissions in HKLM\Software\Classes instead of HKCR.

Does anyone know why?
              Is HKCR a "link" of HKLM\Software\Classes or vice versa?

Sirko.

Comment

Working...
              X