I can't believe the Catholic church is this stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe the Catholic church is this stupid

If an individual were to say this, they'd probably go to jail. If you're a Catholic, I urge you to get your leadership to change their stance, or the burden of the deaths this will cause is on <B>you</B>.

The Catholic Church is telling people in countries stricken by Aids not to use condoms because they have tiny holes in them through which HIV can pass - potentially exposing thousands of people to risk.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Condoms only reduce the risk of AIDS. Drastically mind you, but they are not 100% effective against stopping AIDS. So the Catholic church is partly right ... though I doubt their campaign is scientifically driven in any way.

After all, every sperm is sacred. Every sperm is great. If a sperm gets wasted, god gets quite irrate.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Bloody Catholics.

(Said with best Graham Chapman voice...)

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

This is outrageous!

It once more reminds me of why I say the church is evil (though the christian religion might be good, the church as an institution has a lot of blood on its hands).

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The archbishop of Nairobi, Raphael Ndingi Nzeki, said: "Aids... has grown so fast because of the availability of condoms."
          In Lwak, near Lake Victoria, the director of an Aids testing centre says he cannot distribute condoms because of church opposition. Gordon Wambi told the programme: "Some priests have even been saying that condoms are laced with HIV/Aids."
          Damn idiots

Comment

I hope they go to hell for that.

AZ

Comment

Wow, that Gordon Wambi is one stupid mofu!
              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                After all, every sperm is sacred. Every sperm is great. If a sperm gets wasted, god gets quite irrate.
                Yeah right. So every little boy who wakes up with wet sheets goes to hell. Every man, too, since millions of sperms get wasted trying to make children, and only one succeeds. Also, the stuff is built "on demand". Guess god shoulda read his own spec sheets.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  Yeah right. So every little boy who wakes up with wet sheets goes to hell. Every man, too, since millions of sperms get wasted trying to make children, and only one succeeds. Also, the stuff is built "on demand". Guess god shoulda read his own spec sheets.

AZ
                  That's a line from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, Az.. It was sung musical style with extreme sarcasm intended.. you should see the movie (in English).. it's hilarious.. and probably the darkest comedy of the troupe..

Comment

This is hardly surprising, since its the stated policy of the Church that you should keep it dry until marrage, and if you don't then you sow what you reap.

Its not too much of a stretch to say that the Catholic Church is indirectly promoting Darwinian natural selection by discouraging condom use in these nations, since those who escape AIDS long enough to reproduce will have a natural survival advantage over those who do get infected (expect the population of much of Africa to decline over the next 50 years or so)...

I've long believed that nature would solve the population crisis for us when we demonstrated that we couldn't control our own numbers. I just find it a little ironic that the Church, which claims to sanctify life above all else, is unwittingly assisting in nature's agenda.

I can't wait to bring this up with my wife (she's Catholic) when we take our evening constitutional. Don't worry, she'll think this is every bit as stupid as any reasonably intelligent person would.

Kevin

every sperm is sacred. Every sperm is great. If a sperm gets wasted, god gets quite irrate
                    I think Az missed the Monty Python reference .

Comment

OKOK, you got me there

For the record, I didn't believe that to be Jamm's opinion, I just thought it was his parody of the catholic church.. but it kinda fits the mindset, and it really cracked me up.

AZ

Comment

Hmm yes.. I haven't even seen that it rhymes.. bear with me, it's late here (actually, It's early already).

AZ

Comment

Sad, Sad, wrong and sad.

(and thats from a catholic - not active)

PappaDoc hasnt got long for this mortal coil - perhaps the next one will be a bit more realistic....

RedRed
                          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

sad is indeed the right word.
                            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

What's sadder still is that in much of the catholic church, people (lay and clergy) do not DARE to challenge the beliefs/dictats/pronouncements of the chuch authorities. A good minority of the intelligent, thinking people in the church (at least in the UK anyway) do however, but as ever with catholocism this disagreement brings with it a fair amount of guilt.

(BTW I was brought up a catholic, but have been an athiest for a number of years now, sometimes bordering on being a nihilist...)
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X