Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elsa GeForce 2 has MPEG-2, Why buy a G450e?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elsa GeForce 2 has MPEG-2, Why buy a G450e?

I was just reading up on this card and it seems you can buy a daughterboard which has a Phillips chipset on it that let's you encode MPEG-2. I don't know if it does hardware or software encoding, it's probably software, but then so is the new Matrox card. The phillips chipset seems to have a built in digital comb too. Why buy a slower card when you can get a faster one with probably the same quality capture. But personally, I don't like neither of them for doing a software solution, but i'm just informing anyone that wanted something like this.

I am considering this Elsa combo for my new system. My understanding is that it has software MPEG (and MJPEG?) from MainConcept.

There is little information on the videomodule available, other than on Shopelsa.com. Could you post a link or a hint where did you get your info from?

Comment

Well, I've answered my own question. The more detailed info is now up on Elsa's site. http://212.117.76.52/international/e...n/gl_video.htm

Also, info on the Philips chip is here: www.discretes.net/pc/news/saa7108/

Comment

Working...
      X