X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is this?

I think I have a virus or something, see this:

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

never heard of this either. could it be a spyware?

Comment

Must be something you dont want or look at - clicking on that link causes my system to instantly kill it - and I am running NIS2003, Adshield, Adaware all set up to refuse silly actions.
      Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by LvR
        Must be something you dont want or look at - clicking on that link causes my system to instantly kill it - and I am running NIS2003, Adshield, Adaware all set up to refuse silly actions.
        Well, you have to much "security" turned on then because that link is a simple html page with two jpgs on it.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

W32.Swen.A@mm !

Symantec security research centers around the world provide unparalleled analysis of and protection from IT security threats that include malware, security risks, vulnerabilities, and spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
            W32.Swen.A@mm !

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...swen.a@mm.html
            Thanks, I haven't gotten this far yet, but so far Norton has found the "backdoor trojan virus". I think I know how I got this. My own stupidity though. I'll let you know what else norton finds

Dave

Comment

Download process explorer from sysinternals.com (free!!)

See which resources that process consumes and delete.

Comment

ouch!

Note: Due to the numerous changes that the worm makes to the Windows registry, the worm can be somewhat difficult to remove if it has already run and your
                Symantec antivirus product subsequently quarantined or deleted it.

Follow the instructions in the section below that describes your situation. We strongly advise that you read all the instructions in the appropriate sections before you start.

Comment

*sigh* now norton has found 7 infected files

btw, the backdoor trojan virus was found in my sons backup files, those weren't mine. I'm not sure what these other files are yet and that stupid fake mapi screen keeps popping up, it is driving me nuts. First time I've been infected

Dave

Comment

Oh great, it's found an 8th infected file but didn't clean it

Comment

btw, just in case you want to know, I downloaded a file off of Kazaa and took the risk of running it without first checking to see if it was virus free When it didn't do what I wanted it to do, I was suspect and immediately shutdown my computer. I didn't restart until this evening. Looks Like I got burned.

Dave

Comment

Be sure to read the instructions on how to remove the virus in the link I posted, you'll likely get better results than just trying to run NAV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                          Be sure to read the instructions on how to remove the virus in the link I posted, you'll likely get better results than just trying to run NAV.
                          Yes, I agree but I want to run Norton first and then follow those instructions. I'm up to 9 infected and 8 cleaned.

Dave

Comment

man, if this gets too complicated I will just reformat. 11 infected, 10 cleaned.

This is taking ages...

Comment

Well, I am totally ****ed. I had 20 infected files by the virus that jpi found. It cleaned 18 of the 20. I then rebooted because my computer was getting weird. Bad mistake. I could no longer launch any app and my computer was basically useless. Luckily could transfer data to my wifes machine(which I am on now) and I am now in the process of waiting for that to be done Once that is done, time for a reformat.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X