Catalyst 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 3.8

They're a MAJOR advance in the Catalyst drivers, and they're due today by 3pm EST.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

You can thank Admiral and myself: After all, it is our Birthday Present from ATi.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

No sign of em.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Pit....ATi Said 15:00 EDT...

1 Hour 18 Minutes...
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

1 hour 17 Minutes...

Comment

1 hour, 12 minutes...
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

well, most of the features that are cool can only be used by people with 9800XT or 9600XT which noone has yet.

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Well we've got the release notes.

Read now too see if theres any point up grading.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

LOL CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW CATS!!!!!

As for the Dets, I am running 52.13. Sweet drivers.

The 3D quality is way up there. Ran 3DMark01 Nature, and its actually doing shaders on the water hahahahahaha. Dunno if they actually do real trilinear yet but folks over at guru3d claims that these drivers have quality same as Radeon 9x00 series. (doubt that tho) As for the performance I dunno yet but things seem to be a lot smoother.

Maybe nV actually gets it right this time (Except for 2D quality hahahahha)

Damn, this day is sweet. Both the Cat 3.8 and Det 52 on the same day mmuuhahahhaha.

Why do I give a sh*t tho? I dun play any games

Comment

edit: thanks PIT for the link!!!!

Seems like they have a new version of HydraVision. Finally

Comment

Finally, a game profiler built into the drivers.

And this:

VPU Recover

VPU Recover (patent pending) allows the CATALYSTâ„¢ display driver to reset the graphics accelerator when it is no longer responding to the display driver. Without VPU Recover, a reboot of the system would be required when the graphic accelerator is not responding to the display driver. Depending on the state of the system when VPU Recover is activated, applications that are running may be able to fully recover from the graphics processor reset. If this is not possible, the active application may be closed and the system will return to the desktop. VPU Recover will significantly reduce the number of system crashes caused by graphics hardware hangs. This allows for fewer interruptions and virtually eliminates situations where work can be lost, as well as increasing system stability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Note: When the CATALYSTâ„¢ display driver cannot activate the VPU Recover feature a message is displayed indicating the following: A severe graphics error has occurred. Please save your work, and restart your system.
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      This is a problem that i have seen for a very long time. I disabled a bunch of stuff and the problem went away. To me, this means they know about the problem(even though they deny it) and this is their "workaround" to fix the issue.

Dave
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Looks like they added an uninstaller finally too, let's hope it works.

Dave

Comment

LOL ya. first time ever

A working uninstaller

Darn, a few more minutes

Comment

Nobody wants to fess up to being at fault for the infinite loops and bad pool callers, but ATI is at least TRYING to work around it.

- Gurm

P.S. 9 minutes and counting.

Comment

Watch, the first time you uninstall it wipes the HD clean.

Scary thing is.... it wouldn't be the first time a piece of commercial software had done that either.

Comment

Working...
                              X