Soyo KT600 Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soyo KT600 Dragon

Anyone heard anything about this board yet?
    Soyo KT600 Dragon Platinum Ultra

It looks pretty darned sweet, but I don't have any experience with Soyo boards, and neither do any of my friends (we've used mainly Epox, Asus and Gigabyte). I know its using the via KT600 chipset, but from what I've heard they improved the pci bandsiwth and memory controler a lot, and its about the same performance as the NForce2.

and its about the same performance as the NForce2.
    No it isnĀ“t.
    If you can live without the extra 5-10% nForce2 performance, get a SiS748. Much less troublesome than VIA.

Comment

I have been running a Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra for about 10 months now. Have not had a single problem with stability, and performance is plenty good enough for everything I've run on it.
      IMO VIA has come a long way in the last couple years to overcome the problems with earlier chipsets.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin. Anyone else have any experience with the Soyo Dragon series of boards?

Comment

Yep! I've used Soyo boards now for about the past 4 years or so and swear by them. They are far from the cheapest around but they are worth every penny... a little like Matrox I guess!

John.

Comment

They Thest it over here!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Stay away from any via chip set. They suck. I just had to swap out a ASUS A7V8X-X because of the crappy via chip set. Moving from the A7V8X-X to a nForce2 based board, a NFII Ultra, there was a noticeable performance increase. I spent 4 days working with the A7V8X-X trying to get it stable. Avoid via at all costs. Also some Matrox products, such as RT.X10x, have conflicts with via chipsets.

My 2cents.

Jeff
              -We stop learning when We die, and some
              people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
              Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
              - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
              - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Working...
              X