Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400TV - No Audio Out :-(

Hello everybody.

A friend of mine gave me his old G400TV card as a gift because he upgraded to another card. I have experienced a problem when it comes to outputting video to a TV or a VCR; the video is OK but there is no audio

May this be the evidence of a faulty/damaged circuitry or is it a problem that has already surfaced?

My config:

AMD Duron 1200
    Win XP Pro SP1
    Maxtor HD 30Gb 5200 rpm
    Adis VidTools

Thanks in advance for your time,

G.

I don't think it is damaged
    Most likely it can be:
    -bad set Windows mixer
    -bad connection

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      What should be the correct Windows mixer setting, according to you?

Comment

Do you hear the TV sound on your computer when using the TV tuner? If you don't you might want to check that you haven't mixed up the two cables going from the breakout box to your sound card.

You might also have a bad connection inside the breakout box or its cabling, ie. the signal from your computer's "line out" doesn't reach the "audio out" on the breakout box. I don't think that the G400-TV breakout box has any special audio related circuitry (besides the audio portion of the TV tuner, that is), so you might just as well connect your sound card's "line out" directly to the TV.<hr><small>The cable that goes from the "line out" of your sound card to the breakout box carries the sound produced in the computer, and takes it to the breakout box. To enable this, unmute the "line out" of your sound card. Note that additional RCA cables are needed to transfer the sound from the breakout box to some external device, such as a TV. Even if you connect a S-video cable to the breakout box, it will only carry the video signal to the TV. You will still need to use RCA cables to connect the "audio out" of your breakout box to your TV in order to get sound. Check with your TV manual to see where to connect them.

The cable that comes from your breakout box and goes to the "line in" of your sound card carries the audio of a) the TV tuner located in the breakout box b) any devices that you've connected to the "audio in" connectors on the breakout box. This means that in order to hear this audio, you have to unmute "line in" in your mixer, and to record it, mark the "line in" (or, if some such preset exists, "general", "what U hear", or "downmix" might also do the trick) as the audio recording source.)</small>
        Last edited by Tempest; 9 October 2003, 03:53.

Comment

Yeah
          Inside the box are just crossed wires for the audio
          So don't worry
          You can also bypass audio section in this box with additional cable or splitter

Re:Mixer
          Open mixer-check if everything in the "play" section is enabled

Comment

Working...
          X