AVID DV Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVID DV Free

all those intrested in trying out and seenig what an avid system is all about for free here ya go.... finaly

"They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Another crappy product that requires Windoz XP.
    paulw

Comment

Guys you gotta live with the fact the Windows 2000 is no longer supported from a software manufacturer's point of view.

If I were AVID or Matrox or Adobe, I would certainly not spend my time and resources to develope for what is known to be an obsolete or soon to be obsolete OS.

Nough said.

Cheers

Elie

Comment

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

win xp may be crapy to you... but once i started working on an avid system i could not see why i was using other stuff like premier and MSP etc... realy...
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
            Guys you gotta live with the fact the Windows 2000 is no longer supported from a software manufacturer's point of view.

If I were AVID or Matrox or Adobe, I would certainly not spend my time and resources to develope for what is known to be an obsolete or soon to be obsolete OS.

Nough said.

Cheers

Elie
            Disagree entirely. This is playing into MS's hands by trying to force people to upgrade their OS. I do not have XP - I have no intention of buying XP - MOST software on the market today will work with 95 onwards - why lose sales by catering only to the "elite" who go for XP?

Do not forget that there are millions of PCs in developing countries whose owners would have to pay 6 or more months' income to upgrade to XP (unless they buy a pirated version).

If I lose the chance to use some software that requires XP, then that's just too bad for me -- and the maker who loses the sale. He can go and jump into a deep lake.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Quick question:

what is the difference between video track and video layer? (from the above link)

Jeff
              -We stop learning when We die, and some
              people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
              Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
              - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
              - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

yeah forget that obsolete OS, It has very few bugs so can no longer be thought of as a worthy MS OS..

That why all my apps ARE being migrated to linux....I am sick of MS forced obsolence, even tho win2k is still their best OS so far

Comment

MMM

Linux does have advantages but it also has its not-negligible disadvantages. I say this as one drifting in this direction with 1/4 computers dedicated to Linux. However, MSP does not have a Linux version.
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Duty
                    Quick question:

what is the difference between video track and video layer? (from the above link)

Jeff
                    A track is a layer but a layer can also be an effect applied to a given track. This is because in the vast majority of cases each of these effects has to be calculated separately. The total number of all layers at a given time index is known as a "stack".

Ex: an overlay clip in itself is a layer, but if you also apply a bluescreen to it that single track counts as two layers. Add a brightness change to it and its three layers.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 October 2003, 07:42.
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                      Do not forget that there are millions of PCs in developing countries whose owners would have to pay 6 or more months' income to upgrade to XP (unless they buy a pirated version).

Why are people in these countries buying video editing software?
                      System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Working...
                      X