G400 to DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 to DVD

I've owned a G400 w/RRG for a couple of years now and initially thought this combo was more trouble than it was worth. However, with the help of this site and forum, I have been stuck building my system around my Matrox Video combo, stuck with a video card combo that has more than made my trouble worth while for the system I had envisioned. I just don't have the time, money, or resources to fiddle with windows soft/hardware compatibilities to achieve my minds desires.

I'm finally able to capture, w/out dropped frames, some of the best MJPEG, AVI_IO, PicVideo, AVI files I've seen on any system. Now, I'm ready to go to the next level. I bought an NEC 1300A, dual format, DVD writer to complete the set. I tested it by writing a data DVD and a cheat DVD copy using Nero 5.5 on CompUSA DVD-R disks, both successfull.

So, my question is, what is the simplest, cheapest, simplest being priority, way to go from my TV, S-Video recordings on my Matrox RRG combo to considerably high quality DVD discs that I can enjoy on my DVD players?

I have taken the advise of this forum and tried several demo author/conversion programs, but am still thoroughly confused by all the different combos and qualities of final results. I've used TMPGenc, with Nero to burn, to make Apex readable VCD/SVCDs in the past, but have trouble with the latest TMPGEnc, as well as authoring to take it to DVD.

Once again, all opinions are encouraged.

J.Klein

Are you wanting to edit, as well?

If so, try Ulead MSP7. It comes with a simple DVD authoring app.

If not, DVD MovieFactory 2 is the cheap and easy way or DVD Workshop for more sophisticated effects. Either are good authoring proggies with quite a reasonable encoder.

The quality of either is excellent up to ~90 minutes of video and deteriorates slowly as you work up to 3 hours.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I tried Ulead Moviefactory demo, not 2, on the sumption of being able to capture DVD compliant video. I have not yet completed a DVD, and am unable to capture live TV, so far as I can tell.

If editing means simple cutting and simple effects, I haven't had luck doing either with the Ulead DVD MovieFactory, though it is demo. MovieFactory appears to be straight capture and assemble through RCA/S-video capture or existing compliant file.

Consider me dense, I would like to record anything A/V and assemble it to DVD format as simply and cheaply as possible. Maybe I should buy an Apple. Is TMPGEnc editing and DVD author a complete conversion and completion of a DVD solution, or are there simpler more complete solutions. Can MSP7 take me from anything G400 to DVD using Nero? or are there simpler, cheaper solutions that are near fool-proof.

Thanks

Comment

What I have: G400TV, U-lead VideoStudio 6. Win2000.

Capture video via VideoStudio into MPEG2 files. then go "finish" tab, click the video file and chose "export" to "DVD plug-in". The menu appears for plug-in for burning DVD onto your DVD-R. From there, a few mouse clicks for selecting chapter points, and setting up your DVD burner. It is all set, sit back until it's done.

I don't know other programs but this setup worked just fine with me, no hustles, no mess for a clean home made DVD disk.

... until I swapped a HDD, and cleaninstalled everything again. Now, I cannot record sound on my captured video via G400TV, and the frame drop rate went up to the level it bugs hell out of me.
        Imagine being stuck in a classroom of 20 students, of which 19 are useless smartass punks. That is how it is to live in France.

Comment

Working...
        X