Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M:G450 -> Custom Resolution on TvOut

Hello,

I want to buy a G450 on the next days for my HTPC.
    Connect the card only with the Tv via TvOut.
    But I have one question.

Is it possible to change the TvOut Resolution.
    Maybe for PAL ( I live in Germany ) 726x576 -> 4:3 or for
    16:9 1024x578???

Can I use DVDMax also when only the TvOut is connected?

I Hope you will help me!!

HomeBoy76

umm... tv-out? resolution? tv doesn't have a 'resolution' in the sence that a monitor does, it only has a fixed amount of vertical lines. PAL = 576, NTSC = 480.

of course you can use dvd-max on tv-out, that's what the whole feature was intended for. If you want the best quality tv-out, you might as well get a G400 instead of a G450.

Anyway, you can clone any desktop size to tv-out you would like, but on the G400 only 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 are hardware scaled to fit in the amount of lines of the tv-out standard you've set, so any other resolution is going to eat quite a bit of CPU time. Note that this only matter for games and desktop use, as video overlay gets transferred to full overscan tv-out with dvd-max.

Comment

Hello,

ok I understand!

For me it is important to set the desktop reslotion to 726x576 and
      send it via Tvout to the TV. Is this possible?

HomeBoy76

Comment

Consider your tv as a monitor with only one fixed resolution. You can't SET it as you would a PC monitor/LCD.

Why do you need it to be 726x576 anyhow? As DZeus said, a 640x480 or 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution will be scaled accordingly to fit on ur TV screen in hardware. Why not just go with 640x480 or 800x600?

Any video you play will be re-sized to your PAL TV screen's resolution.
        Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
        MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
        Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
        Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

I think he wants to get tv-out of his desktop with as little scaling as possible. Since clone can't use full overscan, this is not going to happen very easily.

As I said before, you can scale _any_ desktop resolution to tv-out. Just add the resolution with MTSTU, and enable 'software scaling' in the clone properties. Note that the resolution has to be 4:3 (I never got it to work with a 16:9 resolution).

Comment

Hello,

I dont´t want to clone the desktop, because I haven´t a CRT or LCD connected. I have only connect the TV as Display.
            So is it possible to use MTSTU?

Comment

Then you DO want to clone the desktop. The TV must be connected as the secondary. It won't work as the primary. So you want to clone the primary, so your TV would show what your normal desktop would be.

And for this, you would need to go with a G400. Anything later will not allow you to use only a TV.
              You would need to do your initial setup with a CRT+TV connected, set it up as clone mode, shut down and remove the CRT.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

To Do what Kruzin said, follow the link below...

Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Hello,

I bought the G450. Bit I´m not realy happy.

Why can´t I use the S-VHS output, not as a normal TVout like ATI or Nvidia cards?

When I connect the TV on 1. VGA I have no picture.
                  First I must connect a Screen on the 1.VGA and say Clone to the 2.VGA. But then I have no VideoPicture on the 2.VGA. So I said
                  DVD Max On , and I have a Video Picture. But no Sound and no control to the DVD Appilication.

Is it possible to use the 1. VGA for TVout ??
                  If not, can I have a Videopicture without DVDMAx?

HomeBoy

Comment

Originally posted by HomeBoy76
                    Hello,

I bought the G450. Bit I´m not realy happy.

Why can´t I use the S-VHS output, not as a normal TVout like ATI or Nvidia cards?

When I connect the TV on 1. VGA I have no picture.
                    First I must connect a Screen on the 1.VGA and say Clone to the 2.VGA. But then I have no VideoPicture on the 2.VGA. So I said
                    DVD Max On , and I have a Video Picture. But no Sound and no control to the DVD Appilication.

Is it possible to use the 1. VGA for TVout ??
                    If not, can I have a Videopicture without DVDMAx?

HomeBoy
                    - you can't have tv-out on the primary head.
                    - you can't have videopicture without DVD-MAX, unless the videopicture doesn't use overlay (and you don't want that for quality and cpu utilisation reasons).

Any good DVD applications has shortcut keys to control the app, so use those instead of the gui in DVD-MAX mode.

As for no sound... what does this have to do with your videocard? check your soundcard!

btw. you'll see that 'modern' ATI and nVidia cards more and more mimic the way dualhead works on Matrox cards. They've got 'DVD-MAX'-esque features too now, and the same for clone.

Comment

Working...
                    X