Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you "waste" a six-pack like this guy did?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you "waste" a six-pack like this guy did?!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Let's see. Beer contains alchohol. Then why doesn't beer burn? Or is it just nor concentrated enough?

Comment

Yeah, not nearly enough alcohol content.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I believe it needs 40% - 45% alcohol by volume to burn.. beer at maybe 5% does not have anywhere near enough
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Beer saves the day again, proof that you should always have a six pack handy

Comment

Lucky they didn't have strong whiskey with them

Comment

I had thought the beverage needed to be at least 50% alcohol (100 proof) to burn.. anyone have personaly experience with this?

Comment

Depends on the temperature!

To flame deserts and such, you can generally use ordinary (43%) brandy - but only if its really hot, like poured over a frying pan or likewise.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Interesting news site..

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                    I had thought the beverage needed to be at least 50% alcohol (100 proof) to burn.. anyone have personaly experience with this?
                    Correct, carefull scientific tests done by yours truly, have shown that blue Absolut(40%) is difficult to burn while red Absolut(50%) burns quite easily. Not mentioning 70% Absinth.

Comment

The original definition of proof is far more fun

Only the English could invent 'proof' in 1762, which was the technical standard by which strength was measured until 1st January, l980. If gunpowder and alcohol were mixed and the spirit was weaker than proof strength (57% ABV), there was just a damp fizzle. However, when whisky and gunpowder were mixed and there was enough alcohol in the mixture to cause ignition, then the gunpowder flashed, providing the 'proof' of stronger alcohol.
                      The British definition is still that 100% alcohol = 175.25 proof.
                      Although these days it is measured by a hydrometer (boring).
                      Even more boring it's not even quoted as proof, but as ABV

Comment

How much alcohol does deoderant have then? I remember turning one stick into a torch not that the plastic casing lasted that long.
                        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 7 October 2003, 13:57.

Comment

Working...
                        X