Media Studio Pro 7 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Studio Pro 7 problem

I've started having a problem running Media Studio Pro 7 in the last few days. When I launch the program I keep getting an error message saying "plugin could not be loaded" and when I click OK the programs shuts down, I've tried reinstalling it and also uninstalling any DX plugins that I have installed, but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved

I'm running Win XP Pro SP1 on a P4 2.26 with a Matrox Parhelia.

Damian,

Problems like the one you are describing are notoriously hard to pinpoint, and therefore correct, especially with a simple one step fix.

Since you have already tried reloading MSP7, and uninstalling plugins, I would try to REINSTALL the plugins. MSP7 may be reloading from the previous installation, and looking for a plugin that is not there.

Another thing to try is to not only uninstall MSP7, but also make sure all traces of it are gone so that the new install won't "pick up" info from the last install.

Finally, you might want to try to reload XP over the current install. It should keep all of your programs/settings and replace any missing dll's that could possibly be causing the problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Have you loaded any 3rd party codec sets?
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thank you for your replies

I've tried installing all the previous plugins again and I did remove all traces of the previous MSP7 installation on the hard drive and in the registry that I could find before reinstalling. I've not tried the Win XP reinstall as yet and in answer to Brian's reply I have not installed any 3rd party codec sets recently. The only 3rd party codecs that I have installed are PicVideo Huffy & DivX/Xvid all of which have been installed for some time.

Damian

Comment

Look at the Window's Event log
          Often I can find there some information

Comment

Working...
          X