• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock ON: Modern Air Combat!

Atlast it seems like a Fighter game based on jet planes are on its way

Latest years it has been really sparse

Currently downloading the demo

Game site
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I've been looking forward to this one for a loooooooooong time.... now my only worry is whether my G400Max is up to the task....
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

sweet!!!!!!

They even have Sukhoi fighters!

Comment

BTW, it would be sweet if one fighter game has the followings:

1) F-35B (STOVL )
        2) F-22 (found in Ace Combat 4 i think(
        3) Dassault RAFALE
        4) CAC J-10
        5) MCA

Damn I think I am asking for WAY too much

Comment

WHy are Jet fighter sims more popular here than prop sims?
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

cause prop sims sucks?
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I've played the demo of IL-2 and was quite impressed. Part of the problem with prop sims is that the physics of a prop aircraft are signficantly more complex than a jet. Jet sims don't need to worry about prop wash, torque, and other prop complexities, they all pretty much just model the jet engine as a magic "thrust=throttle position" device, totally ignoring real life issues like engine surge/stalls and whatnot.

Comment

The graphics looks sweet.

Comment

A jet cant stall or spin??

IL-2 is hard to master indeed. Fighter Ace from jaleco (on-line prop sim) allows you to start of with easy physics and, if you want, you can go more and more realistic.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I mean the ENGINE stalling in a jet, of course the aircraft can stall regardless of the propulsion (although often if the aircraft stalls the abnormal airflow into the intakes can precipitate an engine stall on older engines.)

Comment

Working...
                    X