extracting VOB's how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extracting VOB's how?

I have an Aikido Clinic DVD that some idiot created using the +R format.
    No one is able to play this back, not one DVD device that I have can play this back either. In fact the second DVD (part of a two DVD set) isn't even recognized.

At least the first DVD I can see the VOB files, is there an application so take those VOBs to convert them to Mpeg-2?

Thanks in advance,
    Elie

There are several, including some freebies, I believe, such as DVD2AVI and DVD2MPG, and DVD MF2, provided that the originals are not copy-protected.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Got it thanks Brian!

The only bad thing is that all my DVD Roms including set tops/XBox/Pioneer 104 cannot read the 2 disks.

Very bad authoring I say!

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

.. Xbox's with a Philips/Thompson pickup should be able to read those DVD's without any troubles.

But there are a lot of Samsung 616 equipped Xbox's which absolutly refuse to read any DVD+R at all. The stupid thing is Samsung has something like 4 submodels of this 616 : one them reads +r and -r without any problem at all, the others simply refuse to recognize it. It seems there's a difference in the pickup itself, and no firmware flashing would help.

For some strange reason, my own Xbox has absolutly no troubles reading +r nor -r, while my friends Xbox's simply don't do it : on opening the Xbox, we all *seemed* to have identical Samsung drives though.

As for Pioneer, that's a bit odd. My a03 burner reads DVD+R. Even my old DVD-103 (reader) strangly enough has LESS troubles reading +R than it has when having to read DVD-R's....

....it's a mad world.

Comment

Working...
        X