Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• various troubles with Ulead 5.2 and Marvel G400

Hi,
    I have been using Premiere 5.1c, which works almost well with my Marvel, but I always had to produce the avi file and to play it by WMediaP to save it on tape.
    Then I decided to install Ulead MS VE 5.0.
    I updated it to 5.2, installed also the uvavi.vio from the complete version, and then
    changed the Ulead32.ini.
    Still I have the same problems:
    - the "play" button is grayed in the navigator, so it is unusable
    - after some minutes of previews, then often the preview becomes jerky and drops frames
    - the program sometimes crashes with an error message about a violation of VEDITOR.EXE with KERNEL.EXE
    - when I leave the program, I cannot shut down correctly Windows (it locks on the exit screen), and I need to reset

I had no problems that sort with Premiere, even if it is considered not compatible with the Marvel.

Here is a part of my Ulead32.ini:

[HardwareACC]
    HwCodecID=dmb1
    DisableAcc1=0
    RecompressWhenScrubbing=1
    ;AlwaysKeepLastFrame=1

[Playback]
    PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll

[Performance Evaluation]
    DDrawEnable=0

My system:
    Marvel G400, latest drivers and video tools
    Windows 98 (Not SE)
    DirectX 7.0a
    Windows Mplayer 6.4
    QT 3.0.2
    Celeron 466
    Chipset is 440LX
    128 MB RAM
    Two HD, C and D, UATA66, DMA enabled
    Audio SB PCI 64V, integrated with MB
    No internal modem or other ISA or PCI cards

I also have the VCACHE set to 8192 (min and max) in System.ini

I have read a lot of posts in this forum, and I have seen that there are almost infinite variations of Ulead32.ini!! :-)

What do I need yet?

Bye
    Daniele

Daniele

First off I'd start by reinstalling MSPro6. That may clear up a thing or two. If not then you may be looking a refreshing your DirectX and MediaPlayer installations.

Sometimes you need to re-do the Windows installation too as a lot of cobwebs build up that can cause such problems.

Also you shoud edit your ulead32.ini file to have these entries;

[Playback]
    ;PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll

Note: the semicolon commenting out this entry. The Matrox MCLPlugin.dll cutlist driver is not OpenDML compatable. Disabling it allows MSPro6 to use its own cutlist driver which IS OpenDML compatable. Without this change you have to disable OpenDML support and will be limited to a 2 gig file.

OpenDML allows you to save files up to 4 gigs in FAT32 (Win9x) and files of almost unlimited size in NTFS (WinNT & Win2K).

[VIODRIVER]
    SeqHeader=0
    Advance=1

Note: SeqHeader=0 should be SeqHeader=1 if you are creating DVD content. If not leave it the way it is.

Note: Advance=1 turns on the advanced MPEG options in the Create Video dialog.

Also you should be aware of these changes you can make to the c:\program files\Ulead Systems\Ulead MediaStudio Pro 6.0\Ulead.dat\CapMPTyp.ini file;

[MPEG_TYPE_SETTING_10]
    bAllowModify=1

Note: allows adjustment of image quality when performing NTSC VideoCD MPEG-1 captures.

[MPEG_TYPE_SETTING_11]
    bAllowModify=1

Note: allows adjustment of image quality when performing PAL VideoCD MPEG-1 captures.

Normally these qualities are set to 3 (out of 20), which makes the results look rather poor. IF you have a fairly fast CPU you should up this until you start dropping frames then back off the setting by 1 or 2. Now VideoCD mode caputres will look better.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 27 November 2000).]

Comment

Working...
    X