Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADOBE Moves To Product Activation

Check this out:

It will be interesting to see how customers respond.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Hopefully with their wallets and move to Ulead..

I will not buy anything that requires product activation. Hence I'm still with win2K
    paulw

Comment

Absolutely, Paul. 100% with you.

I have just "feedbacked" Adobe as follows:

I run 4 computers for technical journalism and beta testing work. 2 of these are dedicated to hardware/software testing, one for video/graphics and the other for CAD work. Neither has Internet access (deliberately, as all resources are reserved for testing purposes and security is primordial). These two computers have frequent hardware changes. For obvious reasons, I have different, legally obtained, Adobe software on both, so that compatibility problems can be ascertained.

I refuse absolutely to purchase ANY software needing any form of activation. For this reason, both these computers still run W2k (and Linux) and not XP. My reasons are:
      - it is absolutely no business of yours to know when I make a major hardware change (typically every 2 weeks) and I consider this an invasion of privacy
      - there is a risk that you will decide that I am abusing the licence terms and will deactivate the product or refuse to reactivate it
      - as these two computers do not have Internet connections, it would entail frequent and costly intercontinental phone calls to reactivate, a hassle, to say the least.

Please be advised that I understand your concern regarding pirating, but, as a video and CAD pro, consider that this is not the way to tackle the problem. I currently run two softwares with dongles and I have no objections to these.

I have already condemned the notion of activation of XP in the articles I write (published in several technical journals) and I shall have no hesitation in doing the same regarding any software manufacturer who follows Microsoft's lead in this matter.

In my opinion, you will lose considerable sales if you persist in this matter, because I know many others who share my views (and can name some of them, if you wish.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I'm with ya Brian and Paul...

If anyone else would like to voice their opinion on this matter you can do so at the link below.....

Comment

I have sent them an email regarding my dismay of having to go through this CRAP because they don't trust me.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
          X