Sennheiser headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sennheiser headphones

Now someome recommended them to me hear.

I'm using HD 570 on a rather limited Power DVD 4 software due to breakage on my main system and their doing rather well.

Can't wait for my replacement Audigy 2 and plugging running it under the full power dvd 5.

Sadly my creek amp doesn't disconnect the main speakers properly (It slightly mutes them dumb I know) so I can't try them unless I want to wake my neighbours kids.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Whats the price on those??

~~DukeP~~

Comment

£90.00
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Black dog sounds great Led Zep while U2 didn't sound to hot.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I like my HD600's.

Comment

Only 497 here - a little uncomfortable, but great bang for the buck.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Goin to California.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have the HD600s as well, and some little Sonys for computer stuff.. I had heard good things about the 497 and was thinking of upgrading to those to replace the Sonys though. You say they aren't too comfortable though, Az? How long do you have to wear them before they become uncomfortable?

Comment

Depends.. on some days I can wear them for hours, on others, half an hour... They are a little too tight, and the cushion rests on my ear (it is designed that way). You should try it out yourself, maybe you have less problems with them (I'd buy them again though, got them for ~50 EUR)

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

HD570 here. I sometimes even forget to take it off when I leave my computer they sit so comfortable.
                    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Cody....something ED100... or something...duno the the writing washed out already. Picked up for 10 dollars from local supermarket....not bad for the money actually. Deep rich bass, high tones are good. Just a bit uncomfortable after a while thats all.

Comment

get some grado sr headphones they are sweet. (look retro though)

Comment

Grado are really bright until you move into the RS series. On top of that, they really have no soundstage and are particularly uncomfortable. Despite this, nothing rivals them for acoustic guitar....my god they are damn good at acoustic guitar!

I have, however, moved from the Grado SR80's to the Sennheiser HD580's, which are basically the HD600's for less money.

More soundstage, more relaxed than the Grado's, and more comfortable. A big negative is that they are really hard to drive at 300 ohm, compared to the Grado's 80 ohm. I found that a headphone amp really helped.

As for the HD570's, a better alternative at that pricepoint, BY FAR, is the Koss A250's. Personally, I'd suggest springing for the Senn HD580's, though.

The HD590's can be nice if you want something that sounds between Grado and the HD580...and are easier to drive.

The HD600 paired with the Cardas cable is something truly amazing!
                          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Oh, and a headphone to consider as a replacement for the Senn HD497 if comfort is the name of the game would be the venerable Koss PortaPro.

Comment

...oh yeah, there's also the Senn PX200 as an alternative to the HD497...

Comment

Working...
                              X