Keyboard (musical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard (musical)

Anyone know of any GOOD full size keyboards that are touch sensitive w/ pedals? Any idea on how much they'd run? Bonus points if i can hook it up to my PC.

You're not looking for a keyboard, bur for an e-Piano/stage piano. Thos even have hammer mechanics so they REALLY feel like pianos!

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
      You're not looking for a keyboard, bur for an e-Piano/stage piano. Thos even have hammer mechanics so they REALLY feel like pianos!

AZ
      Hehe, but how much do they COST?

Comment

Re: Keyboard (musical)

Originally posted by Kooldino
        Bonus points if i can hook it up to my PC.
        So, what can I exchange my bonus points for?

on the serious side, I'll ask a friend of mine when i see him, he's really into that stuff.
        Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

I use a Generalmusic Pro2 on stage, and I couldn't be happier with it. I paid $800 for it and consider it one of the best purchases I've ever made. The feel is very realistic, but the best part is how much attention they paid to the acoustic modeling. It is the closest digital facsimile of a grand piano sound that I've ever heard!
          It is a fullsize 88-key keyboard. It also has pretty decent hammond/rhodes sounds (with a cheapo leslie emulation)

Comment

Yes, 800 EUR seems to be the lowest price you'll have to pay for anything good. For that, you get 88 dynamic keys with hammer mechanic (feels like a piano), MIDI in/out and Line out, several sounds, pedal connector, maybe even a pedal included. You'll need a stand though.

Many stage pianos don't have built-in speakers, though, you're gonna need to hook them up to a PA/your home stereo system.

BTW, what do you mean by "hook it up to my PC"? Do you want to use it as a MIDI master keyboard, MIDI synthesizer, or do you just want to connect it to your soundcard's line in? (With most stage pianos, you can do all that, BTW - don't know about e-Pianos, though)

Best, go to your local music store and ask the clerk - and play them before you buy, of course!

Some models:

Korg SP-200
            Technics P-50 (don't know what kind of keys it has, only says "Natural Response")
            Yamaha P-60

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
            X