Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• folding/crashing question

hmm

While playing some games (including GalCiv - not graphics intensive, no 3d at all, actually!) - I get occasional lockups maybe hourly...

Same happens in CS....

Same result - screen freezes - thumb reset required....

I dont think its overheating - it can run folding for days on the trot - surfing/kazza/DC++/media Player and office all running with no problems...

Its a nforce 1 (MSI) with 256 Mb Ram, onboard GFX

I am running it with MAXMEM turned on.... priority VERY LOW

Regards
    RedRed
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

I've put my machine thru hell running UT2003 with Norton 2003 as well as folding and other services and never have had a crash. No matter the game or number of apps with folding on the whole time have made me able to crash my machine and this is a Microsoft machine! Of course, my machine is not yours, but I have never seen any problems realted to folding that effect other programs. A couple of times on the server it has ceased the service, but it has never affected anything else.

I'm afraid I cannot give you advice past the obvious driver and directx answers. Does this happen even with the service disabled? Is there any reason to think it is folding or are you just making sure? I had to take it off my server to make sure once.

Comment

Working...
    X