something on my eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something on my eye

i got a speck of dust or something on my eye. it is beginnig to be sore, and i cant get it out. does anyone have any ideas? it feels like its a bit above iris. i cant see it though.

Dunk your head under a sink full of clean water, with your eyes open, and try to blink it out?
    --Insert something here--

Comment

Had this really bad a couple of months ago. Ended up (after a day of it getting more and more sore... and NOTHING I was doing shifting it including everything that is likely to be suggested here and more) going to the eye casualty at St Thomas' Hospital (which happens to be across the road from the office). A nice doctor there got the tiniest speck of dust out with the tip of a needle and prescribed me with some eyedrops to keep any potential infection out.

Made me glad to have the NHS
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

belive me, Ajax, i tried that a couple of hours ago. i got it around 7 pm, and now its 11:39 pm.i was just sitting in front of my computer, and there it was. i think ill go to bed now, and hope that it goes away during the night.
        man, this sucks

Comment

It won't.

I had this happen about 10 years ago, and like GNEP needed a quick trip to the eye doctor, who numbed my eye, and used the tip of a needle to get it out. Followup was antibiotic & anaesthetic drops for a few days.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Did you check your eylid closely? That's where the nerves really are.
            Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

I had the same problem awhile ago M|x.
              Get a warm damp cloth and place it over your eye while you sleep. Tomorow it will be gone

Comment

don't let it stay too long. I know someone that has had metal embedded in the eye for long enough that the doctor had to use a surgical grinder to 'smooth' out the surface of the eye after removal.
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

See an eye doctor...you may have an edema or conjunctiva of some type either on the eye itself or the eyelid. It might need to be treated with a mild steroid or antibiotic.

In any case, don't screw with it, get to opthamologist: an optomtrist or an ER as a secondary contact: both have the gear to at least tell what it is what you have, if not treat it outright.
                  Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

i went down to the doctor today. it was nothing there, but it was a gland on my eye that had swelled. should be gone in a couple of days with some eye-salve i got good thing i went to see the doctor

Comment

Always trust the MURCers when you hear the same advice from more than one of us Glad it's on its way to recovery...
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                      X