Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non - Paged Pool - Is there a process monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non - Paged Pool - Is there a process monitor?

Non - Paged Pool - Is there a process monitor?

The server slowly but surely leaks memory somewhere which eventuall fills the Non Paged Pool. A reboot fixes this. It is very slight but very irritaing. If I forget to reboot the server, it will eventuall cause all file sharing to stop which kills the network multifunction machine and all our major programs. Is there a way to see how much if any of this pool that a process is using?

Comment

I don't remember if that is the same with 2000/2003, but at least in XP you can go to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the View menu and choose Select Columns... There you can choose, among other things, Non-paged Pool.

Comment

Thank you both. Taskinfo is a bit much for my needs but I will learn and I had no idea the process tab had field chooser features.!

Sweet!

Comment

Hmm. Swap file usage as well. I ramped up the swap file on both drives to 4GB to see if maybe the smallish default size of the swap file was causing the system to use too much physical ram and not leaving enough room for the non-paged pool.

Edit:
          If there is a leak the swap file usage of a process will grow to some enormous amount and then it should be obvious which process is the offender if any.

Such wonderful help is the main reason this is the only forum left that I frequent.

Well, that and the wet t-shirt threads.
          Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 1 October 2003, 13:30.

Comment

Overall memory use at idle hovers around 160MB.
            the Non Paged Pool has only fluctuated a few KB up and down. Still want the boss to allow me to up the server to 512 or even 768MB of ram though.
            Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 2 October 2003, 14:01.

Comment

Working...
            X